• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Trip to the North (lots of images)

mmeyer

Thanks to everyone that gave me tips on where to go this weekend. I found lots of color and water. I was upset with myself since I forgot my ND filters at home and my main goal was waterfalls. Since it was cloudy and I had a polarizer I was able to do ok yesterday.

We made it to Split Rock, Gooseberry Falls, Canal Park, Lester Park and Jay Cook on the way home. We were busy for 2 days straight.

Sorry about the amount of images.

103793880.jpg

103793891.jpg

103793896.jpg

103793902.jpg

Could someone ID this flower? Is it an orchid?

103793919.jpg

103793929.jpg

103793933.jpg

103793947.jpg

103793957.jpg

Mike, the flower is touch-me-not (jewelweed). It's a remedy for poison ivy, too. If you get some poison ivy oil on you and there's jewelweed around you can crush it and rub it on the poison ivy site and it'll take care of business. They do often grow in the same places, because they both like full sun and come into disturbed soils like roadsides.

I like all these shots, MM, but I really like the stacked rocks with Split Rock Lighthouse in the BG. Not at all your typical tourist postcard shot of the lighthouse, and the picture made me smile.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Yes, it was a very fun weekend. Can't wait to do it again sometime.

I like all these shots, MM, but I really like the stacked rocks with Split Rock Lighthouse in the BG. Not at all your typical tourist postcard shot of the lighthouse, and the picture made me smile.

Thanks Steve, that's exactly what I saw when I walked up the shoreline and saw the stack of rocks there. I have the usual type shots of the lighthouse as well, but I knew everyone here had seen those views before.

Thanks again

Nice shots, I also prefer the S.R. lighthouse image. I sure hope the colors are good this weekend... I'll be all over the place from Split rock to Manitou S.P. and alot of places in between from Friday before sunrise til Sunday after sunrise.