• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Reports 08

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah...blah...I see how it is fellas mad

I will remember these things cool

AW, I thought you would stop down and you could see what we have been talking about.You got to get that smoke pole out of your hands and swing by whistle.Tomorrow morning the walleye fishing will start again wink.

I just left Todd's house, after dropping off 15 tagged Callies in his Inground Pool. We are having a Vex Tourney only. First prize is a down grade to an LX-17...hot from Mother Nature Vision. All entries must come under scrutiny...therefore...there are 0 winners sick

...getting ready to call DC and chat a bit!!!

I just checked my phone, we "chatted" for an hour and 20 minutes! lol It was a very nice chat though and we solved most of the worlds problems. I cant wait to fish that tourny. Are they white crappies? What are the prizes? I'll donate 11 jigs with dull hooks and the eyes double filled with paint...

Lee - I just discovered one of the stupidist laws ever in NY. AW and I were talking last night about, its "gun" season but useing the bow to fill doe tags. I figured it was fine, he wasn't sure. Then I saw your post and got out the book. Wow! It's legal to fill a buck tag with the bow during gun season but it's not legal to hunt doe with the bow during gun season. Somebody needs to be slapped for writing that law. Thats almost as bad as the crow hunting law where you can only shoot crows on fri, sat, sun, and monday. Tuesday wednesdays and thursday they are off limits! Who thinks these things up? The same person who designed the city of Ithaca with all those one-way streets! mad

Todd - if you have those three broken rods still, I'd be interested in canabalizing the handles...

Well here it is the walleye fishing is fantastic somewhere crycry.Not in the bargecanal or in oneida creek the fish are not dwelling in these tributaries if they are they all have LOCKJAW .Out of all the years I have been fishing these spots this year has been the worst,The long rods are getting put up and the short rods are coming out.The best thing about this mornings venture was every pond and every marina I went by were froze wink.

Well here it is the walleye fishing is fantastic somewhere crycry.Not in the bargecanal or in oneida creek the fish are not dwelling in these tributaries if they are they all have LOCKJAW .Out of all the years I have been fishing these spots this year has been the worst,The long rods are getting put up and the short rods are coming out.The best thing about this mornings venture was every pond and every marina I went by were froze wink.

Thunder I am in agreement with you on this pal, definitely an off year for O'l mooneye. Just hooping it doesn't roll over to the panfish ice season. EBanks ice creeped another 30 yards out, yeah baby!

That's a good one Todd.. How the brakes coming along. Right now Nate my daughters boyfriend has the front clip off Heathers Malibu after she hydroplaned last weekend on 690 and whiped out a speed sign. She had about 3 pounds a gravel inside the motor and behind the radiator fan, nuts..

Jay - I messed around and I'm gonna try some 2 lb. Stren Microfuse on a Cetus that's strapped to your spring bobber rod. Suppose to be flourescent glow blue in low light out of the water and clear below which I think won't matter a lick after dark. The backbone on your spring bobber on your rod is perfect for a small braid like that maybe a good night crappie rod... I can't wait for that first panfish fight on the ice!

Ice check today,hit ebanks 1st backset 1" of [PoorWordUsage] ice now.Looks like we got warmer spring water coming from the culvert now.Pond side of ebanks 3/4" decent ice ,we need cold weather.Pond side of moraine 1-1 1/4" nice hard ice wont be long as long as the cold weather stays!