• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Reports 08

Well, its definatly time. The perch are gathering up, walleyes will be moving towards shore soon, and salmon are in the rivers. Tank and I are making our first of many voyages to the Salmon River on thursday. A major push of fish moved into the river late sunday and all day monday, fish are top to bottom now...

Tis the season...

079mq8.jpg

mybigsteelop8.jpg

dadsalmonfighthl7.jpg

salmonriverfogha9.jpg

Put your fall reports and ramblings here...

Some folks are MIA! Whats up Ray, Big Johnny, SalmonSpanker, Insurance, Dougie, Kyle, IceK, and many oters...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job DC. I've been busy getting up to speed with the Cubscouts. Seems I'm the new Cubmaster in Floyd. Yeah, Floyd. Long story! Also helping a little the Boyscouts. Another camping trip this weekend to Kingsley. At least I get to fish! Other than that, just getting things in order around here since I've been feling better.

Tim, take it easy on that knee! Knee surgery sucks, trust me. Hope to get up on the Salmon myself soon. Who's up for a trip? Walleye, ah yes! Tim, we never did get in one of those fall evening trips to the shore. Maybe this year.

Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you soon.

Dad and I fished the river today. There are fish in the river but definatly not loaded. They are prety spread out and we never found any big pods. Wanderd around the river for the beter part of the day and we tangled with about 15 salmon. None landed but thats fine, we dont keep them anyways...

Tanks outta here saturday for a week with the guys up in canada chasing walleyes. I cant make it this year. With the new job I probably coould have gotten the time off but it would have messed up when my health insurance kicked in...

Todd and I got into some walleyes on Oneida this evening/morning...

First a nice sunset...

1001258sd3.jpg

Todd forgot to eat dinner before we went out but he got some nice eyes for din din tomorrow, after a couple of hours looking for them we found a small school of them. Todd out caught me 2 - 1 and we missed as many we caught. I'm calling these the Thunder show sposored by Cabelski...

1001261hj6.jpg

1001262ax1.jpg

1001264ri2.jpg

1001266vp6.jpg

1001267mg5.jpg

And another..

1001269xe9.jpg

And yet another... Stop it Todd!

1001270rt5.jpg

Now it's my turn...

1001271ml1.jpg

1001272gq1.jpg

Go Timmy!

1001276vy0.jpg

Todd with the last one of the night..

1001278pv3.jpg

Fish were very very shallow, water temp 68.2 and no perch..

Sweet pics there camera man that was the third time out in the boat after dark this year and finally found some fish wink.

Timmy it was nice fishing with you as always I like busting your chops.Last night we devirginized the lund for after dark fishing activites.LET THE FUN BEGIN cool.

Great job Timmy and Todd. Glad you guy's got into some!! Cindy and I were going to head up Friday afternoon but I got admitted into the hospital Thursday afternoon. Had another problem with the MRSA Cellulitis! This time in my left nostril crycry I wouldn't wish that on anyone!!! Anyway, congrats on knocking the Cherry Off the night fishing in the Lund guy's. Glad to see your enjoying it Todd, great boats aren't they?!

See you all soon! Tim take it easy on the Knee brother, no surgury is fun, especially on your walking sticks!

Tight lines All,

Steve

Good job guys. Todd next investment - a rubber net . . . they are great for not getting hooks caught in them. Well had no takers except Kyle Saturday morning . . .did not miss much. Kyle got 4 or 5 LMBs and I had a couple strike at a frog. Was thinking that today's tournament would be a long one. Just the opposite, but then we got lucky. Had a school to ourself all day. Big fish for me was a 4.87 smallie. We weighed in 15.54; good enough for second and enough to defray the cost of the tournament and gas. All fish on gold top water.

Cellulitus is bad stuff, makes my knee feel like a hang nail in comparison. Steve we didn't get anything last night a couple of taps and zero hookups... We fished till 9 p.m. They just weren't there, water temp dropped two to three more degrees and the win instead of being east south east was out of the west and then switched to a north wind... Anyways we got skunked. My knees starting to feel a bit better and I am encouraged. Think I'll consider PT next week. It's gonna be some good fall fishing with my mind off the football team, no heartbreak this year they stunk early on and often, hello first round draft pick..

Good job the other nite guys!

Todd - the job is going well. The last two weeks were rough as I was doing 30 hours a week at old and new job. This week is just the new one. Alot more responsibility that I initally thought but its all good. I worked about 13 hours today to free up time later in the week if a good run of salmon come in the river. What I really need is to get paid to hunt, fish, and pick on Timmy. Speaking of Timmy crazy, we all need to take up a collection or hold a chicken BBQ to raise some cash to sent him to cameragirl school. Its gonn me a long fall full of duplicate picts, fuzzy macros, and headless fisherman... frownwinkcool

1001267mg5qg3.jpg

We had a nice weekend here. I was gonna take Beth up to the Salmon River but its a GoonFest on weekends and not alot of fish in the river. We headed south instead and went to Cabelas. I dropped over a hundred bills and didnt get much. A few flytying things, a jig box, and about 3 lbs of lead sinkers. The SR eats sinkers and the new tin stuff stinks! So since NY banned the sale of lead I have a new excuse for a cabelas run. Aslo picked up a bunch of YBD's in the bargain cave for a buck each. We stayed overnite down there and toured up through the Poconos on sunday. Went on a neat scenic train ride alon the Lehigh river. With the leaves still full and green the scenery wasnt what it will be in a few weeks. We'll probably head back with our mountain bikes though as I found some good info on some cool trails. Heres on pict aboard the train...

p9212243ai4.jpg

Jay - Cabela's run nice... YBD's in the bargain bin? They must be sick, now that's a great buy..

Chris did you guys fish Sunday night, we had a couple of taps but the fish weren't there like Saturday night. It got nice and cold last night, would like to see some rain and west winds. Craig and Z are after the perch today so I should have a report later on from the Big O.

JEEEEPERS Timmy!!!! You mentioned YBD's and got me to thinking that I never got you your jigs back that you let me use for the Silver Trap Attack. I'll get them to you soon enough! I even dug the out of my ice bag and now they will be in the truck awaiting a trip north.

Steve

Yeah Timmy, I found 4 lonely Fiskas hanging in the bargain cave and I scarfed em up. But of course I couldnt leave well enough alone. I had to put a DC touch on em. Top one is how I bought them, bottom is how they will fish. cool

p9232250ni1.jpg

Steve - Has your jig adiction become so bad you resorted to stealing Timmys jigs? Good job, lol... whistle

Hey all...

Tanks back from his week in Canada with Billy and two others. Weather and company was nice but the fishing was slower than normal. They caught eyes but had to work fo them, enough for 3 meals and everyone brought home a limit. I'll have some pictures from Billy this week...

My buddy Paul and I made a half day suicide run up the Salmon river this afternoon. The lower end "pay to play" area was on fire today and just starting to reach where we fished. We landed some nice fresh cohos and Paul got a beutifull steelie. He hooked about a dozen fish and I did 15+. Tank and I will be back up this week and it should be awesome!

Heres a picture of lots of people I dislike...

p9272259rh1.jpg

Pauls Steelhead...

p9272254yq2.jpg

Todd . . I have a gift for you. When are we going fishing so I can deliver? Cindy and I went to Sylvan Beach to toss a few lures and check out things. About 20 people total on both sides of the canal . . no action though. 3 out @ cozy corners wading. No baitfish @ bright light. No one @ Schneibels. Checked out the bar . . . a few baitfish. Feeding fish out deeper. One LMB about 8pm before heading out. Water is clear and higher than Friday night. Nothing yet . . .but it is close. Need some wind and cold temps.