• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Reports 08

Ended up getting into a couple perch Friday, but I definitely didn't set the lake on fire. Took one last ride yesterday and pulled her out. Now it's deer, ice, and rabbits for the next five months.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

out of all the years I've been fishing for these eyes this is the first year its been this late of a run confused.It will happen some time I have put alot of time in already there are fish around but not like previous years.You know what the meat runs are like it just hasn't happen yet.

Todd your absolutely right. Last night Donny and I made the rounds from 10:30 p.m. to 12:45 a.m. and nothing! The wind was out of the NNW at 11-13 mph and most of my spots were mucked up. We went from the southshore to the east to the northshore and only saw a couple of bait, which makes me wonder if there was a big push up to Lock 22. Not one slash anywhere. I'll get back on it next week. Todd did you get your limit last night early after you caught the two?

Timmy,

I just caught the 2 they are not there in #'s I think the best time is when the water is murkey they cannot pick out their target as well.

Steve,

There is a few stripers running around (also not in big numbers yet) almost time to put the boat up in a week or two confused.

Busy weekend here - worked friday but got out in time to take the niece trick-or-treating for a bit. After that we went to a hockey game. Sat morning I was up and in a tree 20 minutes before daylight. I had kinda made up my mind to fill a tag next time I had the chance. We have some nice bucks around and I had passed on some smaller ones but am really itching to fish but I have a hard time fishing if my bow buck tag is empty. Well about an hour after daylight along comes this 4 pointer we have been seeing and I couldnt resist. I took my time and put it on him. He took off, just out of sight about 60 yards and silence then crashing followed by silence again. I was 95% sure I made a heart shot and I had...

pb012448ui7.jpg

Dad and I got him skinned and deboned in short order. Off to a halloween party around noon. Kids stuff all day while the men consumed barley and hopps liquid while slow cooking ribs and chicken legs.

Heres your guys "feel good, laugh at DC" picture of the year. The only rule at my buddy's party was no costume=no beer. So I manned up and suited up...

pb012454fj2.jpg

We also blew up a pumpkin I got some video of. I actually got hit with a big chunk of it...

http://img531.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb012457qv0.flv

Finished cutting up the deer today, thinking now about walleyes and steelhead...

Jay - Thank you pal I needed that halloween picture there of you and Beth to cheer me up after an unsuccesful heart ripping Browns loss. I'm in a fog after we blew a 14 pt. lead when it should have been a 3 touchdown lead when Edwards beat the safety on a post route and naturally he couldn't catch the ball cause it was right in his hands.

The highlight of the trip was the Obama community organ grinders scheduled a campaign rally to coincide with the release of the Cleveland game, bad move on there part after a majority of 73,200 fans decided to take there frustration out a few Obama souveigneer tables stacked high with Barry's sweatshirts and t-shirts last report is it's still raining cotton in Cleveland. Other than the loss it was great trip and we look forward to going again next year. Good luck with the skins tonight pal and I should be out patroling the shores of Oneida lake after Wednesday. This weekend was terrible on the eye front from the reports I have seen.

out last night at 1000 - 1230 . . . got two, but the two guys with me . . .no bumps. Oh yeah I also caught another bullhead. Lots of shad but few slashing. Used the white with green back floating Frenzy on a slow/medium steady retrieve. I think they were the only two walleys on the east end.

We'll the fall walleye frenzy has begun down here. Bolted out of work at 415 and 15 minutes later had a walleye on the stringer! Picked up 2 before dark, one at dark, and 2 more about a half hour later. Plus a few throwbacks. Last fish was a fat 22 incher. 3 on jigs and plastic, one inhaled a shallow shad rap, and the pig came on the ghost... Tank and I will probably hit it tomorrow grin

pb042459bd1.jpg

DC, good job I was wondering what the walleyes look like confused.I worked over the month of October like I would work over a porterhouse steak 4 keepers the whole month crazy.This is the first year of fishing waldos that they didn't start in the month of sept.I think its because we didn't have much of a turnover on the lake this year is just my guess.I think from now untill t-bird day is going to be the start.Last sunday water surface temp in the canal was 40* in the lake 47*.

Strange year all the way around. Been a while since I've posted, no good excuse, just stupid I guess. Haven't been out in too long! No one around here to go with, sucks.

Tim, think I need to let the old model Fish Trap go this year. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Gave DC the first shot at a ton of fly materials and rod building supplies I need to get rid of. I'd prefer it went to one of the "crew" rather than a stranger. Anyone else interested, let me know. Time to make some room, been putting it off for WAY too long. I change hobbies too often, lol.

Keep the reports coming, if I don't get out at least I see how y'all did!

Don't feel bad Fullmoon I haven't been out in a while myself. Now that I'm starting to get some decent reports, I may have to make a trip to the lake.

Fullmoon, do you have any lead molds? I may be interested in taking some off your hands!