• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Reports 08

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice deer Tank warm the skillet up venison time cool.Is that one you seen on trail cam?

Thunder - That particular buck we only have once on trail cam about 10 days ago. Some of the bucks are almost daily, others come and go. The skillet is almost always warm. Yesterday I made an awsome veni stroganof with onions, mushrooms, and peas over egg noodles. Tonight I made some steaks lightly pan seared and finished with a spicy wine and pesto sauce. Jerky going in some juice tonite...

Only a pipe dream but our pond was iced over today...

I was just looking at the extended forcast guys not that this means anything, if our temps stay below freezing at night we might be in pretty good shape by the middle to the end of december(if not sooner grin).Last year I was on the ice Dec 8th it was a hour away but that was sweet KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.

Where is the CHEF is he M.I.A or just deep in the BUSH wink.

Chef sent me an email back late yesterday afternoon smile and he's been hitting the woods every chance he gets. Sent Maki the order finalized this morning. Todd that booger color is glow/lime wink ordering a XXL Maki hoodie as well. Hope to pick everything up at the ice show.

Great deer boys...I just got off the phone with Todd and Kirkville called while on the phone with ThunderChum and he dumped one of the 4 pointers I am trying to get out of our herd on the hill. Great job Chris...at least the Bucks don't give you a hard time wink By the way Chris, I found one of the broadheads you lost, underneath one of my stands out back. I got back my deer from last weeks archery harvest. I am back in the woods tomorrow for that MONSTER that has been playing Hide and Seek since August.

Will report later.

Good to hear from all you Brothers...Tank keep up your part in the deer management...you are doing great so far. I have an open invite to you and DC to come up and hunt my new 150 plus acres out back of the new house. Shoot me a phone call and I'd like you 2 to come up on a weekday for some R&R deer hunting wink

Way to go kirk and I like the shot of the ice.There are going to be people on ice in NY this weekend. Chef are buck tags are used for this year all we have left is doe tags for this area. See all of you on the ice soon.

Timmy - those jigs came in the mail today. They look sweet, Tanks cleaning out the eyes now...

I got to hunt for a little this afternoon with Rob and his wife. The three of us did a few drives and she shot a nice doe on one of them...

pb222491qh8.jpg

Good luck Dave - There are people on ice in parts of NY. We are real close down here. One more night in the teens would have put us on ice already. This is real early though. We have been on the begining of december a few times but never november...

Tank you lucky dog... Hey I cleaned those skeeter jigs today, 27 jigs took me about an hour but I think well worth the work, these things are gonna kick butt. What i like is the hook eye postion in relation to the hook point, great for maki plastics too. It's gonna be a winner...