• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bushwacker

Since we're on the wedding topic:Please Help

Sorry for this, but we're kind of in the slow time for fishing and hunting anyways. I am getting married on April 17 and I am really trying to figure out what to buy my groomsmen and ushers. What are some of your favorites or any ideas that you guys have? Is the old standby flask the way to go or what? All of the guys are hunters and fishermen so they would like outdoor things. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Fiance is putting a deadline on me for this weekend to make my decision.
Thanks,
Bushwacker

Congradulations...

I bought my best man 4 years ago an outdoor watch i purchased from Gander Mountain.He said it was the best present he ever got.It's really up to you,how much you want to spend.I paid around $175. for his gift.Afterall..As much as i wanted the watch for myself..i wanted it more for him.Good luck in your decisions!

CM

Everyone has a flask from a wedding it seems. Best 2 "groomsman gifts" I got were #1 a leech lake fillet knife (100 bucks) and #2 was a nice pocket watch (50 bucks).....these two gifts were the best ones I have recieved. The knife was really sweet if your buddies fish. The pocket watch is just handy. I have a couple of flasks already, the other two gifts were much better.

Congrats!

Sounds like the best gift is that your wedding is in April grin.gif

Unlike my sister who thought duck opener would be a good date rolleyes.gif

Buy each of them a butane survial lighter. If they smoke, it's golden. If they hunt or fish, there's likely a time they need a foolproof, windproof light to get a fire or a heater going. Or at least they THINK there might be such a time.

Great little gift in a small package that doesn't seem cheap and keeps on giving.

You can get them from $15 to $50 at places like Gander and Cabelas.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I bought all my groomsmen some decent reels and got my ring bearer (my 4 year old nephew) a starter tackle box. After all these years they can still use these gifts as excuses to go out fishing with me. The gift that keeps on giving is what I call it.

congratulations!!!I have gotten pocket knives with my name engraved on them, very cool. I have also gotten a travel pack very cool, zippo lighters with date of wedding engraved on it, gift certificates, leather mug, but the best one was a pair of flip/flop sandals, saved the feet at the reception and I still wear them to this day. -

Send me an email [email protected] and I will give you a web page that I got some of my "fishygifts" .com from. Perfect for the outdoor/fisher/hunter person.

[This message has been edited by Granny (edited 02-19-2004).]

I was in the same predicament. At a sporting goods store I found small pocket lock blade knives in individual wood cases. Each knife had a design of deer, ducks, elk, etc.. I had a small brass sign engraved and glued it on the box.

My buddy never leaves home without his knife.

When I got married, I bought 8 tickets to the MN Wild home opener. All my groomsman, ushers and myself went to the game and out for a night on the town after...

How about renting a sleeper up on Red Lake and bringing your groomsman there as their present. That way you can enjoy the gift too.

Only other thing I can think of would be 2 way radios for all, that way when you are hunting/fishing you can stay in touch. You can get a nice pair, including base for recharging for like $40..

Muskieguy...

If you know a custom rod builder you can have nice ice rods made for the ushers/groomsman and a nice summer rod for the best man. Congrats and Good luck!
redhooks

I'm supposed to buy my groomsmen and ushers gifts? Glad I read this site daily, I would have never known. Good thing I have till June.

I'll second the vote for leatherman micros. If you want to get fancy you can get their names engraved on them too.

Capt'nJosh

I got all my guys the micro leatherman. They all had varied interests and even the guys who don't fish have found an use for it.

-Hossienda

Thank you very much guys. Suggestions for wedding party gifts is just another reason why this site is the best use of the internet in the world! I'm going tomorrow to pick out the gifts. 57 days and counting until the big I DO-------

It seems like a Zippo lighter comes in handy alot of time, if you have to light a fire camping or you smoke. You can have them engraved and the are under warranty also so if something happens they can just send them in and have them fixed, or replaced.

I'm in the same boat. I'm buying my groomsmen and ushers each a Leatherman. I think I'm either going w/ the Pulse or Supertool, and might get them engraved as well.

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!