• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is everyone catching the crappies on this year?

grouse_grits

Welcome to Fishing Minneosta!

I've had great success this winter so far with red glow ice jigs in size 10 and 8 tipped with maggots.

Custom Jigs n Spins Ratso's in size 8 are a good choice as well, with a pink head and white body, or else all black.

Small crappie minnows have been working as well.

As far as catching crappies in the winter, it can change from day to day and even sometimes hour to hour. Bring along some euro larvae (colored maggots, about a third of the size of a waxie), some waxies, some small crappie and some minnows.

Check out the Crappie/Sunfish Forum, it will help you with just about any crappie question you can think of, go to this link:

If you have any questions let us know, a lot of people here that will help.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

[Note from Editor: You can get Custom Jigs and Spins Crappie Kits and Panfish with all the hot jigs and lures by - CLICKING HERE to see Custom Jigs & Spins!!]

#10 glow demons with orange head. Plain red #8 octopus hooks with the smallest crappie minnows I can use.

1 and 2 pound test line for the crappies.

Eyes = #4 kahle mustad hooks and shiners, #8 red octopus hook and fatheads for the tipups and deadsticking. swedish pimples and cicada lures for jigging.

[This message has been edited by korn_fish (edited 01-20-2004).]

1/16th maribou jigs with power waxies, smallest Northland forage minnow jig or spoons with power waxies, shrimpos, glow red forage minnow spoons and a few on the Northland Forage Fry. Glow demonds on deadstick with minnow or bare pink hook.

My latest Crappies came with Custom Jigs Glow Demon with the orange or green top accompanied with a Ice Buster Bobber trimmed down to the utmost sensitivity! My usual bait is a Crappie minnow or Waxworm with a Shrimpo or Ratso.

[Note from Editor: You can get Custom Jigs and Spins Crappie Kits and Panfish with all the hot jigs and lures by - CLICKING HERE to see Custom Jigs & Spins!!]

#4 Demon with red dot in center of body. Only found in the northern area of MN. Custom Jigs and Spins sends all they make to Cannon Tackle who distributes them to tackle shops.
I've also had good luck with the other C.J.S. lures.

I have got all my crappies on Custom Jigs and spins slender spoons and walleye kit tiped with just a minnow head. i aslo have had real good luck with srimpo,ratso.glow demon and the nucleer ant. My 2 cents custom jigs and spins make the beat panfish tackel end of story.

------------------

EL CRAPPIE SLAYER

Last time out just for the heck of it I put my sunfish rig down. A #12 green moon glow with a wax worm. Got my limit in fifteen minutes and to my surprise only lost one on the way up. This is not normal for me but on that type of rig but it worked last time!!!

1/16oz Glow Devils (found here on the site, but in extreme demand). All time favorite is the gold/red combo, and the rest of the glows work great too. Big bluegills love the gold/red a lot too!

I know JBlures makes the glitter jig but who makes the Glow Demon that is being referred to here? I'm assuming that we are not talking about Glow Devil spoons here. Are we? I'm just looking to pick up some more crappie and sunny jigs and want to make sure I pick up the right stuff.

gspman

[Note from Editor: You can get Custom Jigs and Spins Glow Demon, Crappie Kits and Panfish kits with all the hot jigs and lures by - CLICKING HERE to see Custom Jigs & Spins!!]

My best luck has come on plain or colored hook and a small minnow under a bobber. When the fish have been scatterd, I put on a small buckshot jigging spoon,remove the trebel and add a 2'to 3' dropper with a single hook,splitshot,and a minnow. This has worked great for me.

This season there have only been 4 or five baits on the end of my line. Custom Jigs and Spins Demons in size 6 or 8, Ratsos in size 8, Shrimpos in size 6, and Salmo Chubby Darters in the new glow color!

The Custom Jigs and Spins Demon has taken the most crappies by far this year!

I have been catching crappies on size 6 glow rattlin eye jigs, mainly blue and a glow red skinny teardrop. I just bought some rattlin' eye genzworm and the one day I used it I was very sucessful with it. The same jigs have been catching walleyes off the bottom. The crappies have been mainly caught suspended.