• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who wants to go riding?

Roofer

Also, I read that Pine Center was open early last year, but it is closed now. Maybe it got tore up too bad last year. I suppose that is what happens when only one place to ride is open. It's hard to sit on your hands when the weather gets nice.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I don't really see where they are hurting anything. That's just my opinion. They are just trying to have some fun.

Makes you kinda wanna say, screw it and have some fun yourself, doesn't it ;\)

Originally Posted By: Roofer
Makes you kinda wanna say, screw it and have some fun yourself, doesn't it ;\)

Yes it does make me wanna say to heck with it too! Lucky for me I still know a place that is an awesome place to go mudding that is if they didnt close it down this last fall, winter, or so far this spring. I wanna get a ride going there this summer with big mud bikes, but I dont know if I'll have the time for that. I'll have to wait to see how my new job works out.

I got a 2002 Sportsman 400 with 27x12 Tri-Claws on all four corners, lifted, wheel spacers(just so the tires dont rub the shocks). She does pretty good, could use a little more power but shes good most of the time. And some other goodies like bumpers, basket, winch, and a Aaen Pipe but that was a waste of money since I never use it. But my folks have a whole bunch of wheelers that we all ride so to say that 400 is mine isnt totally true, everyone uses it. But we also have a Sportsamn 700, 500HO, Arctic Cat 300, Honda Recon 250, an old Yamaha Moto4 225, and a old Honda ATC 110 three-wheeler. The old yamaha and ATC we dont ride they need a little work.

So right now I'm a 23 year old college student going into engineering, I just got a summer intership that will hopefully require me to work alot of hours, plus helping my folks on the farm. So I have no idea how thats going to work out time wise. I've always wanted to get a ride up there going. My neighbour has a Sportman 700 with 29.5 outlaws on it, but he just moved to Colorado for the summer for his job, I'd like to see that thing test some of these holes up there.

That was a great video, Iambjm!

Ive got a 05 660 grizzly with 26" mud bugs on ITP rims but shooting for a 27"/12" Vampires on all 4 this summer. Ive also got it fully snorkeled, HMF pipe, 11:1 piston, mudbuster cam, EPI clutch kit, 3.0XT warn winch, Dyno Jet kit and HL Rad fan. I even have a summer seat and a winter seat because the one for the summer is soaked and frezes solid in the winter! \:D

So it sounds like Andrews on the 26th. I'm healing nicely and plan on being there.

What's the meeting place and time? I'll be coming down from the Duluth area and, looking at the map, assume it's pretty much right off 35.

The usual...lunch and a couple extra gallons of gas?

Looking forward to it.

I'm going to ride somewhere that weekend. If Andrews is the only one open. That will be it.

I haven't been there before, so if someone that has been there could give us a hand at a meeting place, that would be great! \:\)

I'm planning on riding that day as well but if Pine center or Spider Lake is open by then they would be a better location. Last weekend was fun but if you take out the snow and water it's okay at best. The one thing GA has going for it is that it's open.

The place I usually unload at is the Sturgeon lake exit on 35w. I think the exit is 209. On the east side of 35 there is a gas station and south of that is a fairly good size parking lot for trailers. Doc's is the name of the bar next to it. All these places can be seen from the freeway. I'm not sure how busy it's going to be with the atv run they are putting on, but you should be able to find parking there. There are other parking areas that might be less populated that day but I'm not sure how to get to them. Maybe someone else knows.

I think parking in Sturgeon lake would be the easiest place for everyone to find. There is anouther parking area that is fairly large parking area right in the middle on the Dago Lake rd but there is nothing there as far as gas or supplies. Im sure a guy could also park on the south side in Willow River somewhere. Like others have said the easiest place would be Sturgeon Lake. I would also be interested in heading up to Pine Center, Nemaji, Soo pits or anywhere else at this point! \:D Went and started the Grizzly last night just to remember what it sounded like! cry.gif

Originally Posted By: MNexpoler
Heres why Pine Center is closed this spring as it probably should be by the look of these video.

However it looks like a blast!

MNexpoler,

We saw this group of riders at Redtop last summer by the sinkhole. I have to question whether or not the one person was 18. I wasn't sure of the "coffee can" exhaust, but in the vid's it sounded as though it might have still had a spark arrester on the machine.

I did remove a couple of the vid's. You can e-mail me if you'd like more info about that. My e-mail should be in my profile.

Roofer,

I'm surprised you didn't remember the "Folgers350".

Now it all comes together. hahaha

He's from Aurora wheelers forum. They tried giving me guff about my avatar over there just yesterday. I put their own foot in their mouth when I mentioned those videos.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
 Originally Posted By: MNexpoler
Heres why Pine Center is closed this spring as it probably should be by the look of these video.

However it looks like a blast!

MNexpoler,

We saw this group of riders at Redtop last summer by the sinkhole. I have to question whether or not the one person was 18. I wasn't sure of the "coffee can" exhaust, but in the vid's it sounded as though it might have still had a spark arrester on the machine.

I did remove a couple of the vid's. You can e-mail me if you'd like more info about that. My e-mail should be in my profile.

Hey LEP thats fine with me that you took down some of the videos. I questioned putting those up because I didnt was the antis to find them, but then I frigued these guys went doing anything illegal so I thought, "what the heck." I couldnt tell if he was 18 our not, but why would it matter, I thought the legal age to ride atvs is less that 16 years old with a helmet? Yes his coffee can does have a spark arrestor, I can see it in one of the videos.

Now I see the videos are removed by the user off of youtube thats to bad I didnt want that to happen.

Probably my fault they were removed.......

Anyways it was funny to see that we were there the same day at Redtop. In the one vid I saw one of my atv's in the background. \:\)

I read through the posts about it and that Rincon we saw that day, did sink it and got water in the engine and his buddy on a Outty 800 broke a front cv. I remember seeing that group with the Rincon on the way out. I didn't see any place to legally ride that would sink any machine, let alone break any parts. They must have been off the trail.

sorry I did not read through all the 10 pages of posts, but I will ride. I will be up at the cabin that weekend in aitkin county. so if the ride is any where close to that, count me in.