• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who wants to go riding?

Roofer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy
 Originally Posted By: Bjjams
I might try to get up there Sunday before the place gets too dusty.

Let us know if you decide to head out, I may have my sunday open.

I will. Probably wont decide for sure until Saturday though.

Making a decision saturday sounds good to me. Where abouts in St. Cloud are you? I am near Menards. What type of wheeler do you ride? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

I live off of CR 134 by the fingerhut distribution center, north and west of you. I do ride the best and that would be a Honda Rincon, not much to argue about there. \:D;\)

I might try to get up there Sunday before the place gets too dusty.

Let us know if you decide to head out, I may have my sunday open.

I will. Probably wont decide for sure until Saturday though.

Making a decision saturday sounds good to me. Where abouts in St. Cloud are you? I am near Menards. What type of wheeler do you ride? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

I live off of CR 134 by the fingerhut distribution center, north and west of you. I do ride the best and that would be a Honda Rincon, not much to argue about there. \:D;\)

Atleast you chose the right Honda, It's hard to bash something so reliable.... But I'll sure try. lol.

Originally Posted By: MNexpoler
 Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
Us Honda guys might have to plan a "Honda only" ride!!! grin.gif

Make sure to bring a good strong winch with you before you go. ;\)

We'll have good winches, we just won't need a tow rope. grin.gif

Last summer I only saw one machine towed out. It was a Rincon on a rope coming out of Redtop. That boy did not look happy being pulled out by his girlfriend and his buddy sporting an outty800. \:\)

That water hole was a tad deep for the canams and Hondas that went around it.

Originally Posted By: reelemin
Hey can my Suzuki join the Hondas? grin.gif

Sure, but only because I had many Suzuki's in my stable over the years. grin.gif

I had:

LT 125 4x6

230 Quadsport

500 Quad Racer

500 Vinson

But I'm not really a brand loyalist either. About the only existing brand of wheeler I haven't had is a Yamaha and KTM.

My next purchase might be a Renegade. Yamaha will just have to wait again.

The only time I've had to tow out one of our Popo's was when I rolled(more of a bounce than roll) it down a 300ft hill in the Iron Range OHV park! Blew the beads on all 4 tires, smashed the racks and palstic, bent one of the CV's in the front. That was about it. I thought I totaled it out but the frame was good, I guess theres a reason why Popos are 700lbs. Didnt even break the handle bars. \:D One time our Arcitic Cat got pulled out because she went in a little deep and the rider was a novice and didnt know that they could flood out, that was back in Red Top.

Originally Posted By: LakeDocktor
Fishy, when do you plan on making it up to Spider Lake or Akeley area? If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to tag along. That is if you don't mind a Yamaha guy with.

Hopefully I can make it up the shortly after the trails open. As for the Yamaha, I'm never afraid to tow them out. grin.gif All joking aside it would be great to have some others join along, depending on the timing and size of group we could possibly ride share together.

I don’t need a plow I have bighorns!

It would be interesting to see how they do in sticky snow. I'm thinking a more mud oriented tire would do better. 12" or more could make a rough, but fun day. You guys will have fun on Sunday if you go! \:\)

Originally Posted By: Roofer

I don’t need a plow I have bighorns!

It would be interesting to see how they do in sticky snow. I'm thinking a more mud oriented tire would do better. 12" or more could make a rough, but fun day. You guys will have fun on Sunday if you go! \:\)

I bet you're right, an outlaw or mudzilla would probably do much better. I'm thinking with the deep, heavy snow clearance will be more of an issue though. My buddies on the fence about going Sunday so I'll have to see if I can talk him into it. Saturday I'm planning on changing oil and running a little out at my parent's place no matter what so I'll see how the horns perform. My guess is by sunday alot of the snow will be gone.

Sorry I never reported back but I did end up going to General Andrews and my buddy and I agreed it was close to the top of the best rides we've done. I think the snow kept quite a few people away, but that's what made it fun. Only once did we get stuck bad and of course it happened in a clearcut area with no trees even close. Got to break a few of the trails but most were already driven on.

On the 26th Doc's, the restaurant by the Sturgeon lake exit, is having an atv run. I asked at the bar about details and she wasn't 100% but she said sign up is at 10 with possibly a brunch and they are going to be doing a poker run.

That's good to hear Bjjams. There seems to be quite a few people that say it is a bit boring. Anything sounds pretty good to me right now. I doubt anything else will open up before May with this snow now. It is probably making it real wet.

I really don't get why Nemadji isn't open. I don't see how it can be that wet in the northern part where the trails are.