• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who wants to go riding?

Roofer

The trail closings list was just updated on the 17th. The closest place that is open for the 26th is Andrews and the soo pits are now open.

We'll have to plan for that and meet up at the sturgeon lake exit parking lot. Again, I have never been there, so if anyone can give some more specifics on where we are supposed to park(Dozer, Bjjamms). That would be great.

I'm thinking 9 A.M. just like the other rides. Hopefully to get situated and hit the trails by 10.

(now I just have to worry about what to wear, hmmmm) LOL! grin.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can park at Docs, its a big parking lot. Docs its just off the freeway, its on the south east coner of the intersection. Cant miss it, just keep taking a right if your coming off the freeway heading north bound.

Originally Posted By: Roofer

I'm thinking 9 A.M. just like the other rides. Hopefully to get situated and hit the trails by 10.

Wasn't 9 am usually the "be ready to ride" time? Or maybe i'm confusing it with our club rides.

I am still unsure if I will attend this ride, I may wait till Thursday or Friday till decide to see if there is anything else that opens up. $4/gallon seems pretty high to go ride CC Andrews, I may just completely hold off as we have a ride the following weekend.

Originally Posted By: MNexpoler

I couldnt tell if he was 18 our not, but why would it matter, I thought the legal age to ride atvs is less that 16 years old with a helmet?

MNexpoler,

I don't think I replied to this question, but to give you an answer, the legal age to ride without a helmet in MN is 18.

I guess the only time Ive been there I parked at the spot in the middle because I was alone and wanted to have the truck in a central location in case I had to walk to it! \:D I would think there would be plenty of room up by Docs, they seem to have plenty of parking there. As of now it it looks like I will be heading up for the 26th. Ive got a 2 place trailer and will be by myself if anyone wants to meet me somewhere and ride along. This $3.35 gas is great huh!?!? mad.gif

Originally Posted By: Dozer
Taking the wife along this time Roofer?

That's the plan. Someone else will have to lead, I'll wait for her and anyone else who wants to take it easy. Besides that, I wouldn't know where I'm going on the trails anyways.

Originally Posted By: Dozer
Taking the wife along this time Roofer?

That's the plan. Someone else will have to lead, I'll wait for her and anyone else who wants to take it easy. Besides that, I wouldn't know where I'm going on the trails anyways.

That's good because I was thinking of bringing my girlfriend for her first trip. She's a real newbie but we did a bunch of practicing and training this weekend. I don't mind leading but I might just take it slow easy so she will keep up and keep the dust down. I don't want her to get discouraged if she thinks she can't keep up. I'd much prefer if she enjoys herself.

I'm still crossing my fingers that spider lake opens this weekend though.

I'm hoping we will get a little rain on Thursday or Friday to keep the dust down. From what I have read, this place would be great for novice riders. It will help make a bigger group also for future rides.

It looks right now to be in the low 60's and partly sunny for Saturday. It should be a great time.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
How far is this ride from the cities? I am really interested in making this. Anyone from the cities wanna car pool up?

Sandmannd you are more than welcome to ride with me if you want to meet me in Cambridge or somewhere along the interstate.

The trails themselves are definitely not a problem for beginners but I want her to be able to go at her own pace. I don't think it should be a problem. Sounds like there might be a few novices with.

So is the plan for 9 at the sturgeon lake exit?

Dozer, that would be great to ride up together. I still have to get permission from the wife and just got my wheeler in the shop last night so have to make sure it's running right. Buzz me an email (it's in my profile) and let me know.

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy
There is a chance that I may be joining....If so I could be bringing 2 others with. Still won't be certain until Thursday of Friday.

You're coming with! \:\)

Who you bringin' along with ya?

I'll try to get a post going to see if we can get a count, so we don't leave anyone behind. The thread got kinda long......

There is a chance that I may be joining....If so I could be bringing 2 others with. Still won't be certain until Thursday of Friday.

You're coming with! \:\)

Who you bringin' along with ya?

I'll try to get a post going to see if we can get a count, so we don't leave anyone behind. The thread got kinda long......

Myself, possiblly my uncle, and DMGMN from the nation, possibly others if I can work it out.

Myself, possiblly my uncle, and DMGMN from the nation, possibly others if I can work it out.

Great! I was going to PM him, but I didn't think he had tires yet.