• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who wants to go riding?

Roofer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya LEP7MM, I hope you make it throug it also. I had a tougher fall last year than you do right now though...hehe ;\)

If there is interest, I will post some dates, and go from there. Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Yes, winter was long!

We had talked about SE MN Roofer. Should we try that? Let's let everyone chime in to see if we can get a date to work for everyone.

I'd shoot for something in June.

Closer to the cities the better for me. I'm gonna try to make it no matter what though. I wouldn't mind seeing one a little closer than June, but if that works for everyone that would be cool with me too.

No problem, I will be coming down sometime. I only have the weekend of the 21st open in June. It will be cool to see the views down there.

I will be hitting some trails before June though, for sure.

We will have to see when some trails open up.

Sandmannd,

the SE MN trails are probably closer to you than most others. They can all be done in a day.

For me, it's just as fast to drive to Redtop than it is to head down to Wabasha.

Depending when and where I could be interested. I would like to try to make it up to Spider Lake or Akeley once the trails open up.

May 2nd. 3rd, 4th we will be riding The Deadhorse in WI.

June 20th thru 28th we will be riding the Black Hills out of Hill City, SD.

I'd be in for a ride. The 26th, 3rd, or 10th work for me. I went this last weekend to General Andrews SF and it was a blast. Depending on if they open any trails up we could always go there, about the only place that's open right now anyways.

I'm open for the 26th and 10th also, I believe. I will have to ask the Mrs. later tonite to find out if she will come along or not.

I was thinking the same thing Bjjams about General Andrews. I know Redtop doesn't open till May15th, Nemadji could be anytime that the frost goes out and dries up, probably the same with Pine Center. I have only ridden Nemadji and Redtop for the ones mentioned, so we may be going by maps and GPS for our way around.

I read there was a good size bunch up there last weekend at General Andrews.

I was supposed to head out with a group at CC andrews last saturday but opted for some late ice fishing. Last year Pine Center was the first area to open up, it was great riding in the morning and got a little sloppy as the day went on, but a whole lot of fun.

Hey,

I'm just curious how ya'll ride, i'm a novice and kinda a putzer lol....i can go good down the trail, but i'm not real extreme, i'd love to go on some rides, but the guys i generally ride with are crazy as all get out and its just not much fun lol...i'm just curious how you guys do it etc...thanks i'm pretty close to 7mm i'm right outside of kato, i have a honda rubicon..thanks

Riding "styles" are typically tailored to the group within reason. Straight shots there may be some extra speed involved but generally we just go out for a good time, most trips are not about how many miles you can put on but rather enjoying the company of friends and getting out of the city to play in the woods. I would say "average" speed would be around 25mph sometimes slower sometimes faster, just depends on the group and trail conditions.

I agree with somethingfishy. The rides I have been on, it seems to depend on who is along for the ride. No one has gotten left behind. If you are too slow, we'll just have to wait for you at the next stop.

If my wife comes along, there will be no one who drives slower than her. Boy, it gets frustrating at times, but it is still fun.:)

btw, most of the rides here have been lead by a red honda.....how fast can we possibly be going????? \:D haha jk

Also, in order to not be a novice anymore is to get out and ride. You can really pick up things (some bad habits) by watching other riders. I have seen something new on every ride I have ever been on.

coonchaser,

welcome aboard. Glad to see another local Honda guy. Nevermind that Roofer character. He's just jealous of us Honda riders. But seriously, don't take the ribbing in here too seriously. We're all good friends.

Roofer and Somethingfishy hit it right on about our rides. We leave no one behind and the rides are tailored according to those in the group. If someone gets in a pinch, we all chip in. There are trails in Nemadji that are wide open and those are the trails that we may open'em up a bit, but definitely within reason.

There may a couple who want to try something more technical, but it's not away from the group. It's a great way to watch and learn and there are vast skill levels in the group as well.

While out on our rides, we make several stops like Roofer said just to stop, shoot the breeze, and take in the scenery.

Check back here often for more updates on rides.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
I'm open for the 26th and 10th also, I believe. I will have to ask the Mrs. later tonite to find out if she will come along or not.

I was thinking the same thing Bjjams about General Andrews. I know Redtop doesn't open till May15th, Nemadji could be anytime that the frost goes out and dries up, probably the same with Pine Center. I have only ridden Nemadji and Redtop for the ones mentioned, so we may be going by maps and GPS for our way around.

I read there was a good size bunch up there last weekend at General Andrews.

Where was that group from? They filled up the entire parking lot by Doc's. I was just happy that at least one trail in the state was open.

Pine center would be a fun one too.