• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who wants to go riding?

Roofer

I'm not sure where they all came from, but there was a group from the aurora wheelers forum that went there. they said they had 48, but only about 5 of them posted.

Kinda wished I woulda went. It was great weather and I haven't rode with a group that big in awhile.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Bjjams
I might try to get up there Sunday before the place gets too dusty.

Depending on where the approaching storm tracks, you may need a plow by the sound of it. ;\)

A little snow would be fun. \:\)

How about we plan on the 26th for now and see what trails are open? If it doesn't seem to work out, we can plan for May.

I have heard mixed reviews on the CC Andrews trails. I haven't been there yet, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. It says there is 40 miles of trails.

I'm thinking it won't get dusty with the rain and snow that is headed our way.

Bjjams, do you have the trails on your gps?

As of now, my wife and I are available for the 26th (things could always change by then). My wife is also not a racer by any means. When we go riding, its usually a slow pace, taking in all the scenery. Has a destination been decided on? The closer it is to Southern MN, the more likely it would be for us to go.

Dustin

Gosh darnit guys. I have safety training on the 26th so I'll have to miss out on this one.

Dustin and coonchaser,

since I'm only 45 miutes from you guys, we'll have to get together for a ride sometime. I plan on heading over to Winona/Wabasha sometime in June.

I knew you were busy till June LEP, but I am going crazy with this warm weather and some trails open. I am about ready to ride back and forth in my back yard.:) I know you understand.

I hope to make it to a ride down there this summer. How are the bugs down there? Up north they are terrible in July and August.

For the 26th......for now, all I know is the General Andrews forest that is open. I don't know of anything closer, except Redtop and that isn't open till May 15th at the earliest.

I think we'll have to stick with the Andrews forest, unless there are other suggestions or others open up.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
Considering the trails are in the river valley, there could be a lot of mosquitos and gnats. Nothing a little bug repellant won't take care of.

No problem with mosquitos and gnats. In Nemadji the horse flies and deer flies are big enough to carry their own wood ticks. They follow you down the trail till you stop. \:D

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Where is General Andrews at? I still have to get permission from the wife and get the carb kit in, but hoping I can make it. What time are you thinking of meeting up?

On the map, it is between Sandstone and Moose Lake right off of 35. The people that have been there should have a better idea exactly where everything is.

If you look at MN DNR Trails A-Z you can look at the map of trails. This is the closest there is for trails that are open.

Count me in where ever you go! As far as dusty I cant think of anywhere that could be any dustier than General Andrews! Its all super fine sand and high and dry! Wouldnt be my first choice but its better than nothing!

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Where is General Andrews at? I still have to get permission from the wife and get the carb kit in, but hoping I can make it. What time are you thinking of meeting up?

On the map it is between Sandstone and MooseLake off of 35. The others who have been there will know more specifics.

Look at http://www.findthetrails.com and look at the map, this is about as close as it gets for trails that are open.

Actually CC Andrews is closest to Willow River, MN which is a long ways from Moose Lake. They have a nice parking lot in town. Theres gas and a couple bars, if your looking for a place to eat theres the Squirrel Cage which has good cheap food. Head north out of town and cross HWY 61 and your in some nice tall planted pines. Its pretty sandy there and I could see it being very dusty there at times. Theres a nice bridge over the freeway so you can use to access the east of the freeway. If your looking for another really nice place to eat or take a break try Docs in Sturgen Lake this place is right on the freeway. Its new, got falt screen tvs, nice stone bar, etc., its a really nice place with really good food and a great atmosphere. Its not like the Squirrel Cage as thats more your small town bar. I've never rode atvs in CC Andrews but I know all the hotspots because I ride snowmobiles back there alot. It seems like it would be a fun place to ride, seems to be alot of small looping trails on old logging roads. I'm gunna have to ride it this summer sometime. If there was snow up there I could see it being a pretty fun place to ride.

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy

Let us know if you decide to head out, I may have my sunday open.

I bet sunday would be alot of fun up there if they where to get 6"-8" of snow! I wish I could go sunday regardless of the snow but having bithday party for wife in Duluth that afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Macgyver55

Depending on where the approaching storm tracks, you may need a plow by the sound of it. ;\)

I don’t need a plow I have bighorns!

Originally Posted By: Roofer
A little snow would be fun. \:\)

How about we plan on the 26th for now and see what trails are open? If it doesn't seem to work out, we can plan for May.

I have heard mixed reviews on the CC Andrews trails. I haven't been there yet, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out. It says there is 40 miles of trails.

I'm thinking it won't get dusty with the rain and snow that is headed our way.

Bjjams, do you have the trails on your gps?

No I don’t. I know the trails well enough to not need them. Haven’t gotten lost yet. I’m down with the 26th. We’ll see there might be a chance spider lake or pine center is open. I’ve been to GA a couple times because I have a buddy that has a trailer near there, but it’s not the best trail system out there. There is one deep hole for playing in but it’s quite a bit of old logging roads. When it’s wet and snowy like last weekend it’s great but when it totally dries up it has a little more to be desired. Hopefully the snow will keep up until the 26th! The snow is the main reason why I'm thinking of going back sunday.

I will. Probably won’t decide for sure until Saturday though.

I will. Probably wont decide for sure until Saturday though.

Making a decision saturday sounds good to me. Where abouts in St. Cloud are you? I am near Menards. What type of wheeler do you ride? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.