• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moore's Bait and Tackle

3 things come to mind when I think of a great bait shop:

1. Well stocked with a variety of bait and gear for all species.

2. Friendly customer service with an owner who listens to the needs of his customers and willing to share info on the latest bite.

3. Centrally located with an easy access.

All three of these things ring true for our newest sponsor, Moore’s Bait and Tackle.

I was introduced to Bob Moore and his bait store a few years ago while trying to find quality Catfish and Sturgeon gear. Bob saw the need for a bait shop that catered to the Catfish angler and he filled that need nicely. Moore’s Bait and Tackle is one of only a few places where it’s possible to buy Bullheads (Flathead Candy) and frozen Shad (Channel Candy), along with all the other usual minnows and bait (Suckers, Fatheads, Shiners, Crappies, Crawlers, Leeches, etc).

But it doesn’t stop there; Moore’s carries an ample supply of Rods, Reels and other misc gear and tackle for just about every species of fish.

New for this year is a line of Catfish Safari rods that has received great reviews from fisherman across the US.

Also as we approach the Open Water season, one of the rights of passage is targeting some early Walleyes on the border waters. Moore’s has just recently stocked up on the hottest ringworms and paddletails from BfishN tackle.

And for those of you heading up to the Rainy River for the Sturgeon Excursion, Moore’s is your one stop shop for all your gear and a great place to pick up a bunch of crawlers.

Moore’s Bait and Tackle is located on 618 West 58th St. That’s 58th and Lyndale in South Minneapolis right off of 35W.

(612) 861-7412

ShopPhoto8.jpg

Please join me in giving Moore’s Bait and Tackle a warm friendly welcome!

Better yet, stop by and say Hi in person.

Welcome aboard Bob!

Moore's is my favorite tackle store. It is one-stop shopping for anything you need. I looked all over for catfish gear when I was getting started. I wish I would have known about Bob's shop when I started. His prices are reasonable, and he is willing to answer questions.

Welcome,Moore's Bait and Tackle.Nice bait and tackle shop to visit.It was worth the drive for me my last visit there, to pick up a cattin' rod that coudn't be purchased anywhere else in the area.Great specialty tackle store.

Originally Posted By: ec30_06
I hope you have some shad left Bob! I didn't collect as many as I should have this winter, and they are getting used up quick.

He has an ample supply ;\)

Oh crud, I haven't even thought about bait yet! I'll give him a call.

Some might disagree here, but I have to say -- one thing you definitely do NOT want to do is buy them from the bait store up north. While they are nice and fat, $4.50 a dozen is a bit excessive in my view.

I'm all about supporting the local shops, but when the price is 2x-3x what crawlers should cost, you start planning differently next time.

Thank you all for the warm welcome to Fishing Minnesota, it is good to see alot of farmilar names and faces, and I look forward to meeting the ones I don't know yet.

Aanderud, I need to know this afternoon if you need some crawlers, as my bait dealer is going to fill my order first thing Thursday (tomorrow) morning. If anyone else may need a flat for the Sturgeon ecursion, and I can help you with that, this would be a good time to get your orders in.

As for the people who don't me, I spent most of my childhood when I was just a pup chasing Bass and Muskies in the city lakes. besides knowing the rivers were there while driving over them, it wasn't till I opened my shop that I was introduced to the fine art of catt'n.

I look forward to meeting alot of you up Surgeon fishing next week, and the ones I don't I hope you will find yourselves to my door this coming fishing season.

Thanks again for the chance to become a sponsor here, and I look foward to fishing with some of you real soon.

Bob

I stopped by Moore's early Saturday morning and enjoyed some friendly conversation. Moore's had all the bait that suited our needs, I just wish the fish would have cooperated that day!

I don't get a chance to fish the metro often, but I suggest to any of you metro or greater MN folks to stop by Moore's; you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Bob and glad to see you aboard FM!