• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April Challenge is Something Floating in Water

This male bufflehead certainly doesn't seem to be bothered by a little rain in the eye, especially when he has to keep his attention on an eagle flying overhead.

Canon 30D, Canon 400 f5.6L, manual exposure, iso400, 1/500 at f5.6, monopod

2443051844_be92e2e0ef_o.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots this month - Congratulations and Thanks to all you talented folks! These Challenge threads really get you thinking -

The Hitchhiker

floatfix2.jpg

Canon 30D; 1/200; f/5.6; 105mm; ISO 400 + Steve's advice from one of the first posts in this thread re: reflections on water!

Cropped @ 30%

C & C welcome -

Nice group of shots. Steve that is a cool capture looking up. dockothebay many things floating in water, the spider and the bobber!

Thanks for including EXIF info in these shots as well except for...... ;\)grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I watched this whirlpool in a flooded ditch where it entered a culvert and saw this guy heading toward it. I couldn't help but wonder if this plastic guy had taken a life last fall and now mother nature is about to exact some revenge and take his daylight view and turn it forever murky.

What goes around comes around.

He went around about twice grin.gif

Canon 30D,70-200L F2.8 IS,AV 2.8,1600 TV,ISO 100

2447341702_08c156708d_o.jpg

With all the ice and snow, the idea I had is still frozen.

Frozen like these two sturgeon fishermen on the Rainy. This was from Saturday, during the storm. The snow let up enough so I could see them for just a few minutes.

canon XTi 70-300 f4-5.6 IS f8, 1/500, iso 400

IMG_4460.jpg

This was a harder challenge than I thought. You guys set the bar pretty high. Beautiful day today at the Gervais Mill Pond in Little Canada.

DSC01530.jpg

He may not be actually "floating" but he was just after this shot. \:\)

Shot with a Sony DSC-H2.

I was doing some flyfishing today and took a bunch of pictures - fish and scenery. Took this low angle scenery picture and when I got home noticed the hendrickson dun floating by in the picture...

p4300938as0.jpg

I ran out of time (7 minutes to go on this one) so I will use a shot from earlier in the month that I didn't post from Cincinnati. Lights.. reflections...floating on water.

EXIF is F8, ISO100, manual mode, 2sec exposure. 70-200/2.8 at 70mm.

276515510_tFdQF-L.jpg