• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April Challenge is Something Floating in Water

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Buzz, were you laying in the water for that shot? Looks like your lens was almost submerged. Great image!!

I was inches above the water.. the colar on my lens and the RRS plate was on the snow/ice and my head was basically sideways to get that view... fun fun. grin.gif

Quote:
I was inches above the water.. the colar on my lens and the RRS plate was on the snow/ice and my head was basically sideways to get that view... fun fun. grin.gif

What are you some kind of contortionist?? Whatever it takes, right!

Was sitting on the Shagawa River watching some goldeneyes swimm to a spot right in front of me, when all of a sudden they spooked. Thought I was hidden enough that I couldn't have made 'em take off, when all of a sudden this came floating down the river:

Shags-2.jpg

Turns out, it's one of my students working on a photo project for my class!

Not really floating, I guess. But close enough for me!

MT Net, love that shot. Ken I like that one! Mike I agree with Steve, a bit of everything working here, the reflection, moving water. They all look great!

Ok here is my turn. However I can not take complete credit for it, My Fiancee snapped this one, but since I can only post one and hers turned out he best I will post hers. Shot was taken using a Canon Xti, Bogen Manfroto Tripod, Remote Shutter Release, 17-85 IS USM lense, One Wine Goblet, Water, Food Coloring, and cooking oil.

Specs: Shot in Raw, Manual Focus, No Flash, Shutter Priority, 1/30 sec exp, f5.6, 85mm, iso 400.

Kristies-Wine-framed.jpg