• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild

maros91

'07-'08: 1-3 .417 Save Pct.

'06-'07: 3-5 .531 Save Pct.

Only saving 42% of shots in the shootout. That ranks 53 out of 58 goalies. Mathieu Garon of Edmonton is pretty solid, he is 32 for 34 for a .938 save pct. and has not given up a shootout goal on the road this season. His record in shootouts is 10-0.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh where to start. Gaborik should not be in a shootout. Never makes a move, consequently never gets a shootout goal.

It just seems like we went flat after nothing happened at the trade deadline. I think everyone on the team thought we'd make some sort of splash at the deadline but we stood pat while everyone else in playoff contention improved themselves. Of course you have to have another team willing to deal with you.

I'm not convinced this team has the talent to go out and win the Stanley Cup. What we have is a team that is good enough to make the playoffs. Beyond that it will take another miracle on ice for us to win it all. I think management is willing to spend for a competitive team but not willing to do enough to get to the next level. Commitment to mediocrity.

Now before someone comes at me with this fair weather fan garbage, I watch every game that's on and will continue to do so but I think this is more than a slump. It looks like we are out hustled and overmatched at times. That type of hockey is unlike most Wild teams.

We will be lucky to make the playoffs and if we do make it don't expect a run to the finals. We don't have the goaltending or enough talent to win it all. Backstrom is an average goalie and we are severely lacking skilled scorers and set up men. We are a grind it out team which in the new NHL is not enough.

There is my rant. It's mine you can't have it. Take your shots at me if you must but I'll stand by my observations.

The Wild are still the best show in Minnesota sports. I hope they prove me wrong.

You are exactly correct. The players thought management was going to make moves for a center and one more defenseman and they didn't. They have been brutal ever since. The Wild should be embarrassed for not making moves to reward their fans. I will not go to a game and spend my hard earned money for them again. That does not make me a "bandwagon" fan or a fair weather fan. I have been passionate for this team since they started. I was patient every year. This was the year to go for it. On a side note Biff every comment you make I notice as well. Backstrom is brutal in shootouts. Anyone notice that "radio" Ranko or what ever his name is, has gotten three horrible penalties towards the end of the third period in the past few weeks. I think two of them were in the offensive zone. I appreciate his grit, but three times come on get a clue...

I agree with everything said. The only person that I feel that has a chance to make things happen when he has the puck is not Gabby, it is Bouchard. He is very nifty in what he does and gets alot accomplished for his size. Seems like Gabby has taken the last 10 games off, just what you want from your franchise player mad.gif. Everytime I turn on the Wild they make you so frustrated with there lack of scoring. The last 10 or so games have been so boring they have been hard to watch. I hope they make the playoffs and make some noise and prove me wrong.

Man, can anyone remember the last time the Wild put someone away and had a 3 goal lead in the third or won by 2+ goals? Seems like forever ago. Team better pick it up and light their own fire, or they are going to get steam-rolled in the playoffs.

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS????

Gabys probably playing hurt!

Don't play that card!! 34 Goals, 35 assists +15, What else can this guys do! Last I checked this is a team sport, the whole team is in a major slump! I am still sticking to my guns, they will get out of this slump and make the playoffs! How far they will go, I really don't know

I sure hope they make the playoffs. Like the other guy said they need to light there own fire, cuz its getting sicking watching them right now. This is when they need to pick it up the rest of the games are against the division and playoff ready teams, lets use these games to start momentum and keep it.

Teams slump, we'll get out of this guys..

San Jose 5 game losing streak followed by a 9 game winning streak

Anaheim 6 game losing streak then they won 11 of 12 games

Detroit won 9 straight then lost 10 of 11

Calgary lost 5 straight then won 5 straight

After watching this team play the last couple of games they are a ship sinking fast and I highly doubt they will make the playoff's. Calgary and Vancouver got points last night and we almost dropped out of the playoff race. They have a few tough games ahead of them especially Thursday when the Devils come to town then LA which we cant get past. Going to be a tough couple of weeks.

As long as he can win face-off's he will be a key player down the stretch. They probably would of called Pouliot up but after the beating he took last week I doubt you will see him this year.

Pouliot is up and your right he took a beating, sounded like it was cheap. I was watching that game on FSN but missed the beating. Your very right on the faceoffs. All the late goals we give up recently have not helped either.

The Wild got what it needed, both Calgary and Vancouver got beat last night. Thank you Anaheim and Washington. Now we just need to get back on track and secure that spot. I think if we don't win the division, we're gonna get steam rolled again in the first round.

I did watch the last game Pouliot played and seen the beating. It was a joke!!! He got hammered in the mouth and dropped and covered his head. I believe the other guy's name was Byers and he was a a total [jerk-bait]. Talk about a guy that should be banned from hockey. After Pouliot was smacked in the mouth knocking his teeth out he covers up and this guy continues to pound on the back of his helmet. That wasn't good enough so the guy tears his helmet off and smack him in the back of the head four or five time well still not good enough. He pick Pouliot up by the shoulder pads and with all his weight face plants him to the ice. Do you think one guy from the Houston Aeros would help him??? Not a soul. It was about the mosh chicken Shi* fight I have ever seen. Byers should be banned from hockey for the rest of his life. What a joke!!!!!

Pouliot was playing for the Houston Aeros, Simon Plays for the Minnesota Wild! But it would of sweet if Simon was there to stick up for him. Great first period, New Jersey came back and scored a few, and what a play by Koivu to Gabby. Lets hope the WILD close the door in third. Thank you Atanta for that great come back and win