• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just got my Bass Replica back!! (pics)

LEECH21

Caught this bass back in August of 2004. Ordered the graphite replica from Artistic Anglers out of Duluth. Took almost a year to get, but it was totally worth the wait. It looks amazing! The pics are great, but still not as good as seeing the real deal. Simply amazing work they do! The painter matched it perfectly. The bass went 22 inches. Here's the actual fish...

scan.jpg

And the repo...

014.jpg

013.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

Leech, Nice fish.... Replica looks great. I too landed a 22.25 incher last summer. My personal best. How reasonable was the pricing for your replica. I have a few pics of my 22incher and have been thinking of taking that route. Your pics just reminded me of that issue. I'm sure the wife will like that....

Fever, I ordered the repo at the Sportmans Show in Minneapolis last March. I got 2 bucks off an inch for placing the order then. Overall with 30 dollars shipping it was a little over $300.00. Well worth it because Artistic Anglers guarantees the mount for life! Even if you break it and its your fault....they'll replace it for free. Plus unlike a real mount you don't have to worry about the mount aging. It'll look the same 50 years from now.

That is a great fish. I'm getting a replica from lake fork taxedermy, that should arrive this week. I'll post pics as soon as I get it for a comparison. I wanted to use a TX taxidermist because I was concerned about the dimensons of a FL strain pre-spawn bass, wouldn't be the same as the molds they have around here. Artistic anglers was my 2nd choice!

Thanks for all the great comments guys!

A special thanks to Outdoor Ran for keeping me updated on the time that the mount would be ready. Hey Randy, did you assemble my bass? Whoever did, did an awesome job!

....now this year my goal is to catch that 21 inch smallie to hang next to this one! grin.gif

I just got mine unpacked.

here is the big girl

112-1263_IMG.jpg

Replica:

IMG_1693.jpg

I'm really happy with it, it took me about 30 minutes to get it out of the box. They built a wood frame around it so it wouldn't get dammaged during shipment. Mine was $365 including shipping and the driftwood. I've seen some older replicas that had really cheesy fins that looked like fat cardboard cut-outs, the newer mounts are really amazing.