• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite city to visit?

Barony

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windy, I haven't even participated in the debate.

I have not been to every MLB park so there is no way I could say one is better than the other. All I wrote is that

Originally Posted By: genegodawa

and the best darn pro baseball team field in all of Chicago (right Windy?)

"Pray"tell,

you know we are FM brothas to the end and will always agree to disagree, right?

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter

I was just agreeing with you that The Cell is the nicest park in the MLB.

I was going to stay out of this but...I've been to I think a dozen Major League Ballparks, including Wriggley and the "Cell", and sorry to say, but neither of Chi-Towns stadiums come even close to the nicest in MLB. (I did like the north end one better)

Off the top of my head, Cleveland, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Kansas City are all nicer, but Seattle is the best, by far that we've seen.

Now I'm going to duck and stay out of the way to let you guys duke it out... grin.gif

DonBo,

It's cool, me and Geno are just like brothers fighting over their favorite toy and beating each other up until mom makes us quit or tells us that we are going to get it when dad gets home! But let somebody pick on one of us and the other will be right there to defend his little brother. So Geno, are you the little brother or am I. May 1959 for my birthdate if that is the criteria. 6'2" and pushing 350 lbs if size it the criteria. LOL

Windy

Little, but older - I don't know about wiser though!

(Dec 55, 5'6", 180 - nice beer belly - comes from all this prosperity you know).

Now, to make you raff some more:

Of course I defend you---

like the time somebody said that you lick dead dogs and I said "no he don't - they get up and walk away every time!"

Originally Posted By: DonBo
I also liked Boston, but the trip would not have been as good if not for the side trip to Cape Cod for the fishing. Blues and stripers all day long! Was maybe the best fishing I've ever experienced.

You got me there! We didn't do any of that! We rented some bicycles and rode about 25 miles of coastline. Beautiful scenery thats for sure!

Originally Posted By: Macgyver55
I also liked Boston, but the trip would not have been as good if not for the side trip to Cape Cod for the fishing. Blues and stripers all day long! Was maybe the best fishing I've ever experienced.

You got me there! We didn't do any of that! We rented some bicycles and rode about 25 miles of coastline. Beautiful scenery thats for sure!

I don't like to travel all that much, so my wife bribes me by letting me fish in some pretty cool places. Works every time! grin.gif

Favorite mountain town - Crested Butte, Colorado.

Favorite beach town - So far it's Fort Myers Beach. I'll be in Key West for the first time in another month so that may change.

Favorite big American city - Chicago.

Chicago is cool. Found a small bar that didn't have coolers behind the bar. They used a cattle tank with ice in it to cool the beer. Just a small place with an old bar the length of the builing. The locals were great, drank with them until the bar locked up a eleven then we went to another bar unril closing. Great time, went back a year later and they remembered us.

So Haaad,

Your opinion might just change, the Keys rock! Especially Key West, rent a scooter and tour the city. Hit all the bars and try the Conch fritters at Jimmy Buffets place. Spend some time on Duval and don't miss the Sunset Festival. I can smell the coconut tanning lotion now!

Windy

Originally Posted By: Farley
Gary Indiana

"The armpit of the nation".

We tried to get a hotel in Gary one night, they only rented by the hour on weekends. Brrrrrr, get me otta here!

Originally Posted By: Farley
Gary Indiana

"The armpit of the nation".

We tried to get a hotel in Gary one night, they only rented by the hour on weekends. Brrrrrr, get me otta here!

Sounds like Manila, Phillipines

Quote:
I was there once. My wife is from Loveland, CO and couldn't stop talking about this town so we went. Wife had to go to the clinic there for something and there was 6 mule deer standing outside the front door about 10 feet away. Elk were also roaming in town, especially on the golf course.
yea we saw alot of elk on the golf course while we were fishing and we also saw about 60 elk crossing the street at the same time it was really cool