• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Butt Bridge Plans Needed

Matchman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is willing, I too would like a set of plans. I have no idea what it looks like, or is made with, but the response to it is enough to sell me on it. If so, do I need to send a check....Or pay it forward, just like the movie? Thanks to any that may respond. E-mail is bigones_919@hotmail.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Hi Dudes.......I spent some time yesterday on the Butt Bridge plans. I think it's a little better now. Not that there's anything wrong with what's out there already. If anyone has been busy constructing, I'd like to hear how it's going. If you are having any problems or have any questions, let's hear about it. I've built quite a few so if you run into any problems, I probably have experienced them too. I got an e-mail from a guy who also designed/built his own seat. Really nice and just what he wanted it to be........T

t-bone, How in the world could you make them any better? unless you found a way to put on a headrest!!!!!!!! I made a little rack to put the battery in for the lights and a rod holder. its sweet thats all I know

Matchman...You have e-mail.

Hawkeye......One of my seats includes a batterybox on the back end. I built one like that for WallEYES too. I call it the "Hotseat." The battery runs the lights and there's also a cigarette lighter adapter there for running other things (for a short time) including cellphones. Quite handy. I just wired the seat and put two battery terminals further up the seat. Anything can be alligator clipped to the posts for power.....

I just might go for the PDF file thing. That could be e-mailed easily and the program that runs those, Acrobat Reader, is a free download to anyone. So if someone can scan a clean set of plans, sounds good to me. Why not share the idea? The only problem I can see is the curve/size of the seat bottom supports that are made with the pattern on the last page. Unless the print comes out the exact size (which I highly doubt) some craftiness will be required on the part of the potential builder. That part of the plan is printed on ledger sized paper.......Who wants to do the scanning? I'll mail a clean set to you. ........T

T-bone
I am a drafter by trade (switching soon) if you would like these drawn up in AutoCad drop me the plans and what you want done and I can make it happen. I can also scale them down to an "A" size drawing witch could be printed out by most people. Send them to (sk_design at ncis dot com, trying to slow down the virus thing) I will be "gone hunting with Kelly-p and the boys till sunday. Would like a set of the plans any hoot.

------------------
www.bucketrack.com
Hey nice Rack

Marine_Man.......Need your e-mail address.

Sand Burr and PWaldowski......You'll get e-mail today......I spoke to Rick last night. He thinks a .gif file would be easier to work with. Since I'm totally in the dark about these types of things, I'll have to rely on the expertise of others to make this work. We'll get it done one way or another.....T

OK fella's, I have scanned the plans into GIF files and I am waiting for further instructions.
I just want to take this time to say thanks to both T-Bone, for sharing the plans, and Matchman for mailing them out. This type of interaction is exactly why this site is so popular.

Kidd.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Kidd,
If you have the gif file sized correctly, please e-mail it to me and I'll make it available right here.

Rick, you've got mail. I sent one EMAIL with all 7 pages as a picture, if you can do anything with that, great. I also sent 2 more EMAILs, the first has the first 3 pages, the second has pages 4 thru 7. I needed to break them up due to server limitations on my mail size. Let me know if it does'nt work and I'll try some other methods.
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Kidd (edited 09-06-2003).]

Hey Rick.......That works pretty good! Thanks.....I have a later and greater version out there now too. It shows the eight slat bottom instead of the seven and brings everything up to date. I dropped a set off at Matchman's this morning and sent a set to PWaldo in the mail today. Would it be worth it to go through the effort again to get the latest set of plans?.......T

Kidd.....You have snail mail headed to ya.

Marine Man.....You got mail.......

I'm getting back into the building Butt Bridges mode. All I need is some time. Got the lumber for a pair the other day. If you're looking for a good deal on a mitre power saw, Menards has one on sale for 44.95. A sweet little saw for the price...after the $5 rebate, it's 39.99!......T

Having trouble with sheet #4. I can open it by clicking the link. When I save it to my desktop, it saves fine. When I try to open it in Photoshop to print it, Photoshop locks up. All the other sheets saved and printed fine. Anyone else having trouble with sheet #4?
Looks like maybe the original file from the link isn't there ??? It even looks like some missing when opening the link.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 09-08-2003).]