• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Butt Bridge Plans Needed

Matchman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gang,

My step dad (who also happens to be an engineer, thank God) and I built my butt bridges successfully yesterday. Man, those plans from TBone are awesome! The end result is a really comfy chair which is nearly indestructible. Neither of us could believe how sturdy these things are. One trick we did learn is that a 1x2 furring strip piece placed on its narrow side in between each slat of the seat bottom is a perfect spacer. Sure a lot easier than guesswork and keeps the slats from sliding around. I also learned that you should measure a couple more times than necessary before you start drilling all those pilot holes. Of course, it wouldn't be a proper weekend project without at least one mistake that sets you back a bit. It took a little longer to build than I had expected but it was a perfect excuse for me to eat some of my mom's good home cooking. Thanks again to TBone for distributing these plans for FREE to all of us. Just one more reason to have hope for humanity. There are a lot of good people left in the world and we see a lot of them here on Fishing MN. Hope you all have a safe and fun winter on the hardwater. smile.gif

Cheers!

Tom aka Matchman