• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Butt Bridge Plans Needed

Matchman

Ya im with ya dave. I can download only 1/2 of sheet #4. Thats the only problems that I have had so far.
Otherwise it all worked and looks good. THANKS

------------------
Fish ON!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kidd......Thanks!

Marine_Man...Snail mail launched today. Sorry for the delay there. Lot's o' dump going on in my life right now......

If any of yous guyss are actually building these things.....let's hear about how it's been going ok?........I can't wait to be sittin' in mine again. It's been a loooong time since the water was hard!!.......T

I would like to get started building a couple of these, but I have not bought my otter yet. Can someone tell me the proper inside and outside dimensions of the sled for the seat base? I am going to buy a Medium Otter II Sled. Hopefully I can find a deal at the Icefishing show in December! Thanks!

Wables

T-BONE
How was the ice fishing show in Faaaargoooo? You have become a popular piece around here. Sounds like we are going to have to go and buy some raw stock and get the band saw smoking before the the St. Paul ice fishing show! Whatdaya think?

Wables........The Otter catalog lists the OtterII Medium as being 32" wide. That's it. I'd go to an outlet and take a tape measure. So if it's 32" wide, you can figure the edges are 3". But don't build the base until you are sure. Anybody out there have a medium thay could measure for this gentleman?

iffwalleyes.......e-mail me at [email protected] with contact info. thx.

WallEYES........Ya-I took and went to Fargo yesterday. The St. Paul Ice Show has nothing to worry about. No more shows for me until then. .......T

I built my 1st butt bridge this weekend. All in all, its a great design, nice job TBone. SWMBO sat in it in her PJs last night and actually called it 'comfy'.

I made a few 'mods' to mine, I'll offer up the following suggestions:

1. The modified seat bottom using 8 slats probably should be lengthened in the back to give more support at the pivot joint between
the seat back and base. If you put the bottom slats as per the assy sheet, you'll have problems getting the back on correctly. For my prototype I just moved the slats forward. I'll probably make the next one longer.

2. I rounded off the ends of the seat back supports (where they bolt to the base) so that they pivot and fold flat, and made a fold-up support that locks into a block on the 2x8.

3. I used Gorilla Glue, man that is some wicked sticky stuff. It came off the fingers only w/ sandpaper.

4. I made mine for an otter lodge. I'll post critical dimensions this week.

Does anyone (TBone??) have pics or plans for any add-ons (battery box, rod holders, etc.) ? I am thinking of making a head rest, arm rests, can holders (!), how about a heater mount??? I am going for the ultimate in luxury here...

Any ideas?

Thx, TL

Can someone pretty, pretty, please help me get the inside and outside dimensions of the medium otter sled? I don't know anyone who has one close to me, and the nearest dealer is 70 miles away. frown.gif I made my seat, and have made some design modifications including a curved back, less severly curved butt, and turned the "bridge" into a 10" X 3" X Width of the sled storage compartment. I am about 1/2 way done putting it into a CAD drawing. Let me know if any of you would be interested in the drawing. Maybe I will trade my modifications for the dimensions. wink.gif

------------------
Wables

Gissert

open the documents with Microsoft Photo Editor and you can rotate the image and resize to your needs.

I stored the down loads in MS Picture IT And printed them from there.
This worked perfect.
Thanks for the help.

------------------
Bob/MN

The note from LundExplorer is a good one. When making the seat bottom supports (the curved part) make it 17" long instead of 16". It will give you more room to properly fit the seat back to your taste. I'll be changing the master plan to that. Thanks Lund Explorer!...

Wables. ....The 32" Inside (wall to wall) dimension should be good for the Otter II Medium. The sides are flexible enough to fudge about a half inch one way or the other at least when hooking the seat over the edge.

As far as customization of the basic plan goes, I'd be dissappointed if that wasn't being done. Let's face it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Something that works just fine for me might just need a little tweaking by you. I've seen some pretty inventive things done to the basic plan. But I'm not changing that. I like hearing about improvements I can make to the plan, and about how you're customizing...........T