• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crazest thing you have seen on the lake!!

bassNspear

We happened to look out the window to see Dave throwing crappies out on the parking lot. They were still flopping!!!! He was telling people how good the fishing was right there in the middle of the road.

LMAO

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago a friend of mine from Iowa and I were fishing on a favorite lake, in a village off a point. We had settled in and had been fishing for several hours when from another house I suppose 30 yards away we hear at the top of a mans lungs, Jesus Christ!.. So we go to investigate. Here a black lab in one house had drove in a hole when he seen a fairly large pike swim by just under ice in a spearing hole, had swam under the ice a few yards and came up in the spearing hole in this other guys house. Now that had to have been a heart stopper...

Didn't happen this year but a friend and myself were out ice fishing and a plane flew over really low, circled around, and then landed not too far from us. Door popped open and out come a couple guys and a kid with buckets, rods and an auger. Drilled some holes and proceeded to fish for the afternoon. Now that's a way to get to the lake!

A friend from Howard Lake was fishing with some friends and they had all their permanent houses fairly close together. One of the guys had consumed too much happy water and came out to throw snow balls at the other houses. He fell down where there was water on top of the ice and got soaked, so they took him into his house, undressed him and hung up his clothes to dry. Soon, he was out throwing snowballs again, naked. Some of his clothes that were drying fell on his stove and started the fish house on fire, total loss. So there he was, drunk, naked, and no fish house. They drove him home wrapped in a blanket and left him to explain it all to his wife.

Many,many years ago I used to fish Medicine lake on the NW side.A few folks had permanent shacks over the deeper water.A major league cold front came through one night, bringing 40-50 mph winds with it.One permanent shack (a 10 x 10) that I fished by the day before the storm, was totally blown apart into many pieces after the wind blew through.Although that wasn't as funny as some of the other tales here,the scene of looking at the destroyed fish house was a bit surreal.Two other nearby permanent houses suffered the same result in the wind.It looked like a tornado had gone through there.

These are great!!

I've got two.

I spent some time in Northern WI and the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. My best friend owned a snowmobile delarship, and we knew there was a couple of fisherman that would by any junked or old sleds. We finally asked one of them why they buy so many, and he invited us to go fishing with him off of Little Girls Point. We showed up, and he had an old snowmobile, and had a fifty foot rope pulling a 14 ft aluminum boat. When I asked him why this set up, he said this time of year the wind can change and the ice on Superior can shift and float out into the lake. So if that happens we leave the snowmobile and row to shore. We said no thanks!

The absolute funniest thing I have witnessed was on LOW. We were in our house when the guys noticed two couples in the house next two us about 100 yds away. This was in March the weather was nice and the women spent alot of time outside the house. We noticed they even built a snowman. The reason we no it was a snowman and not a snowlady was when we left our house and drove past theirs they had made a nice face with eyes, nose and with a big ol smile, and there sticking out of the "groin" area was a 'pout, with the tail sticking out and still flapping back and forth slowly. Funniest thing I've seen on the ice!

took my son northern fishing on a lake you have portage into, awesome fishing but you couldn't get me to swim in that lake! its loaded with gators. told him keep your fingers and other parts out the water, you could get bit. it gets around noon and its getting hot out in that canoe so he takes his red bandana off from around his neck.then he starts swishing it around in the water to soak it down. i hear a bunch of racket and he's howlering dad,dad. next thing i know he's hauling the biggest northern of the day into the canoe still clamped down on his bandana. a 15 pound not even remotely tired northern sure can raise cain in the bottom of a canoe!

Originally Posted By: shackbash

we herd a pick up truck revving up over towards the west side and middle area. Sure enough, then we could hear loud music and the peddle was to the metal. Bash! They started running over and threw perms.

Originally Posted By: shackbash

I look back and feel it could have been a dispute between some one and a group of others on the lake. At first we thought he randomly blew threw shacks, but I figure now the person must have looked in them to make sure no one was in them.

just last weekend me and my dad and grandpa were talking about this and they remembered a story about trucks smashing through perms on lake minnetonka only these were random and the people didn't look in the houses first, apparently one truck hit a house with people inside but they said the truck must of just taken off the side of the house cause no one got hurt. how crazy would that be to be fishing then look up and the side of your house is gone \:o , they said that a couple people with the help of some police officers sunk concrete posts through the ice that ran up two sides of a couple houses and when a truck ran through the house it got totaled after it hit the beam \:D serves those @$$holes right

Last year my dad and uncle came down for the weekend.the weather warmed up so the banking around the house melted and a mink came in the house and snatched a crappie.Then he went under the house and ate it. Never seen it since. the next night a portable blew across the lake and smashed into my dads truck and caved the box in.we still caught fish.

Maybe a few of the fishing persons around Waseca remember when a guy drove his new , Buick, I think,out on clear lake, and parked along side his fish house. A little while later he heard a strange noise and looked out, his car had fallen completely thro the ice. Now that would be a hair raiser.

three years ago my partner bill and I were on Buffalo sitting on pales when I saw what I thought was a UFO and then a huge purple air borne jellyfish until I heard the screaming below it. Attached was some poor SOB that decided to go parasailing that night and was getting dragged all the way across the lake on his face. I just gave Bill the look that said " thats what ya get" and just kept on jigging. He eventually hit shore right in town. When he passed us he was doing about 20+mph. You'll get that with your bigger fronts when they blow into town!

my son and i were fishing at lake washington by st peter a few years ago and we heard this noise and thought it was a car driving by at a high speed so we opened the door and here comes a small portable going 40 or 50 mph from bakers bay to the narrows it finally stopped against a permanent nice and square so there wasnt any damage but then came pails and rods and tippups and the guy who lost it all running after it man was it windy that day

Originally Posted By: Pleasant
Many years ago a friend of mine from Iowa and I were fishing on a favorite lake, in a village off a point. We had settled in and had been fishing for several hours when from another house I suppose 30 yards away we hear at the top of a mans lungs, Jesus Christ!.. So we go to investigate. Here a black lab in one house had drove in a hole when he seen a fairly large pike swim by just under ice in a spearing hole, had swam under the ice a few yards and came up in the spearing hole in this other guys house. Now that had to have been a heart stopper...

[PoorWordUsage] on this one and the one posted earlier. I have heard that story 50 times and its a different lake and same story. I think it may have happened once but thats it. Its like one guy goes into his spear house and sees the head of a giant pike. he goes to his freinds house to get another spear and there is the tail of the same fish. [PoorWordUsage] is called on the lab story!

this was long ago and in the summer my dad bought his first boat a new 1969 mirrorcraft so we took it to a local lake for its maiden voyage we were boating around and there was a guy driving his amphi-car on the water witch was a site in itself but when got back to the landing there was a car in the water up to the roof with two hippies sitting on the roof my dad asked what happened they thought they could drive on the water to. look back now and wander what they were on Terry