• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe i'll change my name then timmy!!! Like timmy said, pretty slow out there last night, but hey the weather was good, looks like the boy's might have a good morning this morning out there, if i were to guess.

Wonder how kyle and frank ended up last night??

I ended up fishing the other end of the lake from 4pm till an hour after dark and ended up with 43 BIG sufish and 12 of those big O crappies. I only had my flasher and head lamp for light and I know if I had a latern and minnows I could have killed them. The crappies would come in packs and only hit the glow if I twitched really fast and pulling away at the same time (just like a minnow trying to get away).

Tim,

Demon glow jigs, talk to me brother. I saw your reply to me asking about plain bodies or molds.

Great report Lee and Tim..

Fished with Doug, John, Jay and Billy and didn't do very well at E Banks but went to yellow tape and caught a ton of undersized bluegills. We split up and you just had to pick. I am sure the big ones will start biting after I left it always happens that way. Only took a couple of pics but here they are. Nice fishing with the southern tier crew and hopefully will stretch some mono on Friday. I saw a guy that had 44 gills and not a one was over 6.5" that's sad..

Dark Cloud hoisting a crappie and working one at the same time...

Yes he can multi-task unlike I whom dropped the phone in the slush while talking to Todd. Jay can you hear me? grin.gif

1001113ac5.jpg

It didn't take me long to rifle through Jay's shiny new jigs he gave me and the pink heade ant with the stripes vertical kicked butt until I lost it ona nice crappie as he got a bit stuck in a 5" hole, DOH! cry.gif

1001114dv1.jpg

Thanks for the jigs Jay and have a safe trip home ya all...

Tim,

E-Banks will get better as it gets later but of all the 15 years I've been fishing there I've never seen as many guys on that body of water then this year. I sure hope it doesn't hurt the fish to bad. The crappies should only get better also as the season comes to an end. DEMONS?????????

Jay,

I'm getting myself set up to start my own jig / lure production. I tie my own hair jigs but now I want to make my own heads, ice lures and paint them to my myself.

K-vill,

I could see one heck a crowd in front of Williams yesterday, my buddy lives right there and it's hot one day and not the next. He said lots of fish on the flasher.

The shore is getting really soft and thinking I'll need a plank for this weekend if we get that rain and warmer weather.

Timmy - I'd say the fishing stayed the same and the wind picked up with heavier snow after you left. crazy.gif

The three of us kept 2 dozen nice gills after weeding through 10,287 small ones. We bailed at 4. After getting up at 430am and fishing all day, staying for the night bite with 2 senior citizens wasn't gonna happen. whistle.gif

Nice fishing with you and Chef. Wish the weather was more hospitable for socializing but staying hunkerd down was almost manditory. Temps were not that cold but must have been the humidity cuz it felt darn cold out there today...

Lee - you'll really like catching fish on your own stuff that nobody else has. Fire away with any questions...

Dc, I was hopeing to get out after work but after the reports I got from Tim it wasn't looking to promiseing.I was hoping to fish with you again before Ice out but openwater is around the corner.I am sure we will get them in the boat grin.gif.

Hello guys,

Got a chance to get on Honeoye yesterday from 11am to 4pm. Drilled one hole all day, and it was a good one. Caught a ton of fish. Ice was in great shape....8"+!!! One my first drop, got a nice 10.5" crappie. Kept 21 gills over 9", 4 crappies, and 3 perch. Threw back a bunch of gills 8-8.5", which shows the consistent big bluegill factory that Honeoye is known for.....

1008378tb2.jpg

1008381mm1.jpg

1008383me0.jpg

1008384py2.jpg

1008385ef3.jpg

1008389xq1.jpg

1008396us7.jpg

BJ . . .heh, heh . . .good to hear from you. Read the Yellow Tape adventure! I caught mostly 7-9.5 crappie and a ton of dink bg's but of course the adventure did not start until around 8:30. I called Chef up to see if he got tapped too, but got his answering machine. How is the new kid?

Good report Big Johnny Ice, sure that place will only get better through ice out. I feel you'll be putting in for a sick day here and there till the end. Trying to formulate a plan for tomorrow still... Lee...

Todd will be off Chapman Park when he get's out of work at 3 p.m. today if somebody wants to do some drilling this afternoon!

No problem and give me a call from the ice, I don't have your number to call you tomorrow. If you have GPS I can give you long / lat. if the stick is gone. Here was the go to lures and the marimuska size 12 (not shown), go with the one's on the far right at first (the hottest lures I was using). Man I wish I could be out there with you tomorrow, it's one of my favorite places and there's 2 more bays around the corner that I haven't even had a chance to fish this year that are usually better.

bbhotlures.jpg

LOL ,he was a fast swimmer!Ive had a bad run the past 2 weeks 1 seatbelt ,1 speeding and 1 "in park after dark" 21 yrs of driving and I get my first tickets all @ once,im going to get a second job washing dishes for chef \:\)