• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Tank, Meg and I hit the neighbors pond this afternoon for a bit. Fish were picky and ya had to work each one but we caught a bunch of bass a few perch, crappies, and gills.

Meg looking bored...

p2070307tj3.jpg

A few years ago we put in some 10 inch whites, this one is now pushing 13 inches...

p2070309mz7.jpg

Got a bunch of bass in the 12-14in range. I lost one in the hole that im sure was around or over 18...

p2070310zi7.jpg

And my favorite Mr. Bluegill...

p2070313dn5.jpg

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Otis1
Now you guy's are talking! I'll have to "get lost" and accidently turn into BP. Might not be that bad of a day after all. At least I now have a positive attitude towards going. That should make it more enjoyable for the misses. Thanks guys!

Also, BPS is located in a Mall, so maybe it won't be so hard to convince her to go too. They are/were having an ice fishing clearance.

Thunder - Timmy called while we were fishng and after chattin a bit asked how far the lake is from the house. I said its about a 5 wood from the back portch...

Its nice for testing flies, jigs, and new rods. Plus Tank and Meg swim there about every day in the summer...

Originally Posted By: Fullmoon
Tim,

anyone ever ice fish Chittning Pond? Took nice fish out of there during open water days. It's been a few years though. Just wondering since I drove by

once and it sucked caught a 12" grubby perch a cou0ple of smaller skinny bullheads and some small callies and gills haven't been back since

What is the date for Silver?

I still need a partner...anyone...anyone...Beuller!!!!

If I do this I will/want to pre-fish it! I also have a little added bonus for this Lake as well. One of my cooks is from Perry and lives on the lake. Her father and uncles have been fishing it ALL their lives. My partner and I will also have free lodging in said persons house with hot breakfast made in the AM. Will this entice anyone. Of course a Polygraph test will be required to be my partner whistle.gif

I am serious about this, but I do not want to commit unless I feel that I can have every T crossed and all my I's dotted.

Todd??????????????????????????????????????????????

Lee...the only thing really holding me back is a snowmobile trailer for my sled. I will not fish a Tourney of that caliber without having complete access to where we need to go FAST!

The other is pre-fishing...we would need to get on that Lake at least 3-4 times even before I would feel secure in what our accomplishments would entail! That would mean taking a few days off during the week SOON, to go and explore the moods of our quarry!

I am working on the trailer...put your feelers out as well...I don't think I can cram it in my Grand Cherokee and strap the trap to the luggage rack \:D

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Chris let me know if everthing is o.k.! If you get out on the water before 5:30 p.m. this afternoon call me.

Tim

well Tim it's better Id have to say 90% I can see and use nbt but still sporatic flash now and then in the 9-12oclock range on it.Maybe thats just interference? I tried IR but nothing happened

Just in from the ice. Bite was slow all afternoon. Mostly small gills and a few crappies. Crappies picked up at dark but still had to work each fish. Tank and I caught a few dozen craps each, problem was although they were fun they were a tad small. A half dozen made the grade. The fish were on glow after dark...

Doug,

I might have you hooked up with a trailer. Not the snazziest looking but is sound and will work for you. I'll find out more tomorrow or Sunday. Push come to shove I'll put my quad in the back of my truck and the other quad plus your sled on the trailer. We'll figure something out.

Steve

Well im back from Chefs hot spot ;\) managed close to 40 gills mostly small about a doz bulls.[PoorWordUsage]. bite was slower still managed about 30 though most 8-9" 1- 12 3/4" looked huge compared to what I was catching .All on red glow gill pill with Maki white buggi.All educated and released ! ;\)

Steve...that is great info!!!!

I appreciate the consideration and am willing to accept the offer if all cylinders are going to fire in time!! This is something I have wanted to do since I first had a fishing pole...I just don't want to leave out any minute detail...'cause if I don't forget anything...You pretenders are in for a long day...LOL

Thanks again Steve...let's talk via phone soon. You can get my # from anyone in the family!

Originally Posted By: USMC130FE
Doug,

I might have you hooked up with a trailer. Not the snazziest looking but is sound and will work for you. I'll find out more tomorrow or Sunday. Push come to shove I'll put my quad in the back of my truck and the other quad plus your sled on the trailer. We'll figure something out.

Steve

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Chris let me know if everthing is o.k.! If you get out on the water before 5:30 p.m. this afternoon call me.

Tim

Back to square one again was all over today maybe Ill see you tommorrow am if you guys head this way

My son and I just got home a combined total over a hundred gills,4 bass and 2 perch. \:o alot of the gills were in the 5-6" range, most realeased a few for a dinner though ;\) Had a nice time He used the lx5 though,I had to go back to the primitive way cry.gif Time to start looking for a marcum for him so I can use mine