• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worst Concert You Ever Attended

Ray Esboldt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right out of High School back in 99 I went to an Outkast (rap) concert. My advice never go to a rap concert , it sounds worse in person than on the radio/cds. After that I lost what little interest that I had in rap.

There was also a band named Half Cocked who open for Static X and Powerman 500o, this chick couldn't sing if her life depended on it.

I saw GN'R last december same day as Ice Fishing Show, and have to say it was a good concert, 3+ hours of Guns. That GN'R/Metallica tour was a big mistake, too much pressure was put on both bands, and everyones expectations were too high so they got disappointed.

My personal worst concert ever was Spacehog/Oasis/Black Crowes. Spacehog was good, Liv Tyler was engaged to the lead singer, and she walked right past me. Oasis was excellent, and that was second time I had seen them. THEN- The Black Crowes came onstage. HORRIBLE. I have their greatest hits CD, and like their hit songs, problem is, they didn't play any hits during their concert. NONE. They had just released a new album and that was all they played. I was very disappointed.

You guys really don't think those concerts were as bad as the one I'm going to mention, do you. Well here it is...my girl friend in high school drug me to a Englebert Humperdink concert in '78 or '79. Honest to gaul only mid aged people may remember him, you couldn't believe the way the older women were acting. I was embarrassed being there. blush.gif

Quote:

You guys really don't think those concerts were as bad as the one I'm going to mention, do you. Well here it is...my girl friend in high school drug me to a Englebert Humperdink concert in '78 or '79. Honest to gaul only mid aged people may remember him, you couldn't believe the way the older women were acting. I was embarrassed being there.
blush.gif

A pile of granny panties and girdles hurled onstaged at that one

I agree zamboni. I was at the Spacehog/Oasis/Black Crowes concert too. Spacehog was pretty good but I don't think anyone cared. Oasis was allright. I am not a huge fan of them though. I like the Black Crowes but they stunk up the place. No hits played at all, no "Hard to Handle" or "She Talks to Angels". I was very disappointed. I heard Chris Robinson (lead singer of the Crowes) is kind of jerk too.

Quote:

I agree zamboni. I was at the Spacehog/Oasis/Black Crowes concert too. Spacehog was pretty good but I don't think anyone cared. Oasis was allright. I am not a huge fan of them though. I like the Black Crowes but they stunk up the place. No hits played at all, no "Hard to Handle" or "She Talks to Angels". I was very disappointed. I heard Chris Robinson (lead singer of the Crowes) is kind of jerk too.

Excel Energy Center, right? I forgot to mention where, but that is where I saw them. I think Liv Tyler walking by was my highlight of the night.

Wesley Willis. But it was also the best I've seen. hard to explain. anyone who knows who he is, (or was, he's dead now) will know what I mean. He was so drunk he played 3 or 4 songs and was calling it quits. the band before him talked him into a few more songs. Wesley kept passing out right next to speaker when the band before him was playing.

the worst concert being 41 i've seen some concerts... Elvis,ac/dc,kiss(11),ozzy(3),motley cru (3)amongst many 80's hairbands and country music fests and in all honesty the worst band i've seen in concert was nickleback in duluth. what a joke 9-10 songs. will never pay i dime for anything they everput out they still owe me. mad.gif

Quote:

Zamboni, Yup it was at the Excel. The tickets were free for me so I wasn't all that upset but overall I was just disappointed. Let's just say I wasn't standing very much.

I paid $60 for my ticket, lucky guy. Like I had said earlier though, that was my second time seeing Oasis, and I'd see them again

I have been to a quite a few concerts in the late 80's, and early 90'. The worst one was the Greatfull Dead at the Metrodome. It echoed so bad, you couldnt even hear what song they were actually playing. They only played a few then quit playing because it was so bad!