• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Deer & Bear Pictures

harvey lee

Matt:

Beautiful deer. I would've shot also!

Great to see you in the Predator Fall Gray. Exceptional pattern anytime after leaf-off when tree stand hunting, and even more of a no-brainer with some snow. Many folks spend their time/energy trying to match what's on the ground or what their tree looks like, forgetting that to see you, the deer will be looking up against the background of sky and branches.

Joel

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just returned from my first mule deer hunt in Montana. Had a great week, shot a nice buck. A three hour stalk led to a perfect 120 yard shot.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Thanks Shiner...

This was a guided hunt with an outfitter I had archery antelope hunted with in the past. I had seen firsthand the bucks this area had to offer. It was a 50th birthday present to myself.

Saw this deer 7:00 the first morning and it took till 10:00 to put the scope on him. He went over a rise into a rugged area of coulies. We searched each little cut in the bank till I finally spotted him about a mile into the stalk. He was only 130 yards away and I was able to get a bit closer as I snuck around for a better angle. One shot from my 300WSM put him down quickly. He was really symetrical with deep forks. It was exactly the deer I had hoped for.

Shot this guy opening morning of shotgun season amidst the slugs flying. 35 yards walking. Pretty incredible shot, he went about 100-150 yards. 9 pointer grossed at 131 5/8 th_DSCI0765.jpg

I dont know why i cant get it any bigger than a thumbnail

Ya, i havent figured out yet if im lucky or if im just that good. wink.gif I actually grunted this one in too, did a couple doe bleats and then a series of tending grunts with the true talker and he came up over the hill walking all stiff legged and all his hair standing up on end. he was [PoorWordUsage]ed!!

Perch, 1st load it the right size, then click the "IMG Code" link. After you copy it from photobucket, click on Image here and then paste it in without the "htp" and extra "image" stuff at the begining and end.

Here ya go. Nice buck. I want one!

DSCI0765.jpg

I shot a doe last night. She came in with an 8-pointer chasing her. He chased her after I shot and even kicked her after she fell. So the rut is peaking here in the north metro. This is bow-shot deer #2 in the freezer, so I may be finished bowhunting for the year. I still haven't gotten revenge on the coyotes for getting my first deer, but, I can put it behind me. Bring on first ice...

Friday afternoon I went to a new spot. got in the stand at 3:00, grunted and rattled at 4:00, about one minute later I heard a deer coming fast. I was going to shoot a doe if given the chance, saw the deer coming, caught a glimpse of horn. He hit an opening at about 50 yds, and oh man it was good one!

He came to 25 yds and I pulled back as he went behind a tree.

He stepped out walking and I almost shot, slowed myself down and remembered to aim low. Hit the release and sent an arrow.

I hit him way too far back! He bounded out to 40 yds and stood all hunched up, I saw blood coming down his back leg on the opposite side I shot him.

He walked to 60 yds and bedded down. I watched him until dark snuck down and he was still laying there. Left him over night and went back in the am. I was worried about someone else being close with a smoke pole, so we got in right at first light. found the blood trail and glassed where he was laying. Thought I might have spotted him, we eased up and found his bed from the night before. looked up and there he was another 10 yds away. Stiff as a board.

I am glad I left him

Nice 9pt, My biggest bow buck and biggest MN deer!

img6203ya7.jpg[/image] [image]mg6241jz2.jpg[/image]

This is my buddies deer he got a couple of days ago I believe in the North branch area and here is his story that he sent to me through e-mail, he called it the blind luck buck:

Well, I moved a stand on Friday at 3pm and got into it at 330pm. At 445pm this guy walked by at 12yds broadside and got double lunged….. I have never seen this buck before, but 2 buddies saw one similar to this a mile away the two previous nights. He probably only weighed 140-150lbs. He had no fat on him whatsoever and you could feel all his ribs and spine through his hide. He missed pope and young by 2 inches.

handeer2.jpg

Handeer.jpg

Quote:

Wow look at all those trees! Is the tree behind you where your stand was LOL
grin.gif
By the way great buck!!!

WELL there is a very similar tree just off the picture to the left I was standing by lol...btw there is a large woods off to the right! AND thank you, my first decent size buck!

This is the first deer I have ever shot. I was pretty excited and couldnt stop shaking after I shot. Dropped him on the spot 44 yards away standing on a trail.

He is an non typical 8 point 5x3. I think one of the brown tines were broke off or just coming in.

27024711912_0_ALB.jpg

There are sure some nice pics posted here. Im still trying to get one worth posting. Im not too computer savvy and cant figure out posting a pic even after reading the FAQ. If someone can help me out I would like to post a pic of my coworkers nephew and a deer he arrowed that I think should be posted. Its a nice old buck with double drop tines. I want to say he said 10" drops. You can also email me at

[email protected]

with instructions.Any assistnace would be appreciated.