• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Deer & Bear Pictures

harvey lee

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i think i got this stuff figured out. Here is the buck i was able to harvest last Wednesday evening. Was able to sneak home from college and go sit in the stand. Saw two smaller bucks and a doe before this one came down the trail. It was getting close to the end of shooting time, when i first saw him. He made a scrape about forty yards from my stand, and then proceded to come down the trail towards me. I was a little worried about getting a shot at him, because the trail literally comes three yards from the tree i was sitting it. I was able to turn and get around the tree by the time he was twenty yards out. He was quartering towards me pretty severly and i was worried about taking the shot. At eighteen yards i went "meeep" softly, and when he stopped, he took one step towards the swamp, giving me a much more broadside shot. I lined it up and let it fly. I really didn't see the arrow hit, and he walked away (towards the swamp) about twenty yards. I was scrambling for another arrow, and looking through the binocs to see if he was hit, and where. He walked about another twenty and started to sway a bit. Thats when i started getting excited. He walked in a cirlce about three yards across, swayed some more, did another circle and then he fell. At about that time i did about the same thing right from the stand, i was shaking so bad. Anyways i got down headed home, told my parents, and an hour later went and picked him up. I was able to get a complete pass through on him, with both lungs and part of the liver being hit. So far this year i absolutly love the new Wac'm broadheads.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Brian%20Traut/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Downloaded%20Albums/bschmidtbauer/Deer%202007/DSC02818.jpg

He isn't quite as big as last year, but right around the 130" mark, altho his body is bigger than last years.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Brian%20Traut/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Downloaded%20Albums/bschmidtbauer/Deer%202007/DSC02754.

Very nice deer Charles. I dont know if you care but it might be worth it to take the rack to a certified scorer to see if it is big enough for Pope & Young. It looks to be pretty nice and could score well. It looks to be a 9 and it does take a very nice 8 to make the book, but it could be close.