• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

most dangerous catch

LOTWSvirgin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a buddy of mine went and did that in the early 80s he was a baiter the guy throwing the rope got hung up ond over he went when they got turned around and pulled up the pot he was still on the rope my buddy was dune mad 3k in 4 days never will go back or watch the show

Now this is reality TV!!! Saw the recap show from last season and it was great, cant wait for this season. Yep never complain about the price of crab legs. You see the guy get hit in the back with the chunk of ice that fell off the rigging? He was a few inches from a head injury or worse. And talk about cold, my hands are cold just sitting here...

Love watching UFC also...

As my dad used to question "you got sh%$ for brains boy?"

Me? I'd just as soon sit in my 14' rowboat and eat bluegill instead of crab-but even that's not 100% guaranteed safe! Last year I fell out of the darn boat while lifting my anchor. I'd NEVER make it on deck of those crab/fishing boats.

Lots of kudos to the deckhands from me. They earn their pay.

This weeks was pretty good. Injury, some practical jokes and a broken boat. shocked.gif Normally on Tuesdays, they will show the previous week or 2 episodes before they start the current week at 8:00 cst. This series is awesome. Watch it every week. The rookie captain, Blake Painter on the Maverick is doing good. Lets see if he can keep it up and stay on the crab.

Yea this is a great show. I like the punk job they did on the time bandit with the flower... I love playing tricks on ppl like that. I think that Blake should of keep his mouth shut after the CM told him about the hot spot. But he is young and will learn fast.

I hope the CM can get back out there ASAP and keep on fishing crazy.gif Them and the Northwestern are my two favoirte boats i think. All the guys are cool but i like them two crews

Have they said what happened to the old crew of the Maverick? Did they refuse to work for Blake or did Blake refuse to have them work for him? Occasionally see a show called I believe "Sea Cowboys". Fishing salmon in a crowded river with fairly large boats. Looks like walleye opener in MN.

A normal walking pace for most people is about 2.5 mph, or an easy 4 miles in less than 2 hours. I don't think it's that big of a stretch that a crab couldn't cover that in a day's time.

On Sig's boat he's got a deckhand that is going to face an 8-month jailtime if he's not done and back by a certain date. How is Sig supposed to react to that? It's Sig's job to satisfy a contract with his boat and crew, not to beat a date. That's talk that this guy wasn't upfront about it, and if he goes in early Sig is a man down to finish his season. As if he didn't have enough pressure.

If I gave Blake on the Maverick that kinda of info with his promise to not repeat it, only to have it spit back out on an open channel I'd be cutting his pots (well, maybe cutting is a bit much, but you get my drift). He is an arrogant S0B, all right! He needs to pull a string of empty pots soon and get taken down a notch. So far he has only gone where others have told him, and not been much of a leader himself. He had plenty of advice to give last year when he wasn't captain, and now won't commit to anything that he already knows. Relying on others' knowledge won't fill his pots for too much longer.

I like the dynamic of the Farwest Leader with the captain and his wife. It's pretty apparent who is captain of that boat.

Overall a pretty good first 3 episodes.

Great show. I wish someone would give Blake a phony tip so he starts setting his pots on NOTHING!! He is a prime example of why fisherman don't tell!!! I hope the CM can get up and running, Captain Phil seems like a pretty cool guy. How many cigarettes do you think he smokes a day??? I can't get over how relaxed the Captain of the Farwest Leader is...you don't see that a lot. Can't wait til Tuesday!!!!!!!

It's kinda sad how often the CM is down. I think last season it was 3 separate times, and had to go to port each time. Talk about bad breaks. Not much animosity with his sons on deck yet, but I think it's coming.

Johnathon Hilstrand and the time bandit are @$#$%$#@ HEROS tha was great I think I almost had a tear in my eye. The CM is back in the game but isnt looking to good for them. The boys finally got fill mad. Oh and Sig and the northwesern are on top again so far them boys know how to fish

Im addicted too! I watch em all even the repeats. And record the ones I miss on the DVR...

Im best friend wants to do a mock series where we are targeting crayfish. I told him we'd have to use his little 12 ft rowboat in big waves right before the lake freezes through.... We got an old downrigger for a crane now we just need to rig a pot launcher, lol!

The Hansen brothers are going to be on "Last Call with Carson Daly" tonight for those interested. Probably set the DVR. It'd be interesting to hear what they say when they're off the boat.