• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HELP! Vexilar lost!

Big Dave2

To make a long story a little shorter, my tailgate on my truck came open on my way home from lake Waconia tonight and my vex fell out of the truck somewhere between Wagener's bay and Belle Plaine.

I had some one else who was out on the lake tonight look for it on their way home but he had no luck. Another Item that fell out of the truck was found at the intersection by the Klein Bank or whatever it is called in downtown Waconia.

If someone picked it up and it still works, I would be happy to pay a reward if it is returned to me.

It feels like I lost my best friend. HELP!

Hey big dave I have a buddy that found a vex in Waconia on a road that would probably take you back home to belle plaine. It was also about the same time you lost yours if you can describe(model and such) you could have it back. email is in my profile just click on it.

Dave,

That guy would be me. I have your vexilar FL-8! I picked it up out of the road and you can come get it from me any time. I actually went around it and thought, boy that looked a lot like a vexilar, backed up and picked it up. When Andy and I were at Red Lake I told him, I had found it. The unit does work, but the case is cracked. Otherwise it is in pretty good shape. Andy had sent me your info yesterday regarding this unit but I was in Alabama for the Bassmaster Classic. Just got back late last night. Give me a shout. [email protected] (612) 251-5245 grin.gif

Congrats Dave on getting it back, and THANKS MATT for being a good honest guy, in all senses of the words. I had been following this and hoped it would end up like this. Very cooooooool smile.gif

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy dump! When I made this post I never in a million years expected to see my vex again!

Matt, you are truly an awesome person for giving it back! Glad to see there are still a few good people out there. I will be giving you a call soon to arrange picking it up.

Thanks again,

Dave

This is how all should be and thanks Matt for allowing me to keep the faith in folks in general . When I read so many boards and the theft that goes on you Sir are a clear sky to hear of and my hat's off to you . Your da man ! .

TD

Well, I finally got over to Matt's house to pick up my vex. Other than the case being broken a little, it's not too much worse for the wear.

Matt is such a super guy that he would not even take any money for a reward. I tried, but when I got my billfold out, he walked away and wouldn't let me.

It even turns out that I had met Matt before. He used to work at Profish enterprises where I got all the supplies to build my wheel house last year.

Thanks again Matt, and my 6 yr old son thanks you since he will be using this one once he gets the hang of it because I went out and bought a new FL-20 when I thought mine was gone forever.

Dave