• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scotty's Custom Rods.

I would like to Welcome Scotty from Scottys Custom Rods from Big Lake, Mn.

Scotty took a community ed class on rod building approx four years and has been building rods for the past four years. Scotty specializes in ice rods and also builds custom rods to fit your needs. Most of Scottys rods are built in the fall so he always has a good supply on hand for his customers. He also has extra blanks on hand to build you that one of a kind ice rod that you have always wanted.

Scotty started building rods and showed them to his customers at his DQ and since it has spiraled almost out of control.

I have Scotty building a Laker/Northern rod for me with a spiral wrap and fitted for a bait caster reel. I will have this new rod with me at the Burntside Bash if anyone would like to take a look.

Scottys Custom Rods is the new Inside forum sponsor of the Equipment Forum.

Again, Welcome Scotty to Fishing Minnesota and Hot Spot Outdoors.

You can check out Scotty at www.scottyscustomrods.com

I had the pleasure of using my new laker rod from Scotty this past weekend at the Burntside Bash. This rod was very well built and also worked very well.

Thanks Scotty. smile.gif

Dietz, I used this rod and my other and the laker in the avatar was caught with my Thorne rod.

Crappie Kid, if you look at my post at the top there is a link to his web page. He has all his ice rod prices there and there is also his contact info.

If you have some ideas for a custom rod, I would give Scotty a call and he will let you know.

I got a good look at one of Scotty's walleye rods. This rod was very well built. Of the two rods I have seen both were of high quality in craftmanship and the roberts wrapped rod I purchased from Scooty and used didnt let me down. cool.gif

Thanks for the nice rods Scotty. smile.gif

Nice looking rods. I think I may give one or two a try. Was planning on getting a thorne bros rod or two. If scotty's rods are just as good in quality as thornes rods. A guy can't go wrong saving the $20 bucks per rod.

I received a Scotty's rod as a prize at the Appeldoorns get-together on Mille Lacs last week and this rood looks top notch. I also bought a Thorne Bros walleye rod before the trip so when I get a new reel for the Scotty's rod I will compare the two. The Scotty's rod is very nice and very clean. I can't wait to use it.

Scotty - nice looking rods, I'm a custom builder myself, so I know what I'm looking at ;-)

Guys - if you are looking for a baitcasting style ice rod - have Scotty build you a spiral wrap/acid wrap/simple spiral/Roberts wrap (whatever you want to call it) rod - they are the ULTIMATE in power and control. You gain a ton of stability by rotating the guides to the bottom of the rod. This friday I'll be in the Apostle Islands with Jim Hudson fishing lakers, I'll have my new 36" laker rod that I built for this trip - spiral wrapped, the only way to go!