• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol

The Grebe

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you one and all for the kudo's on my prognostication. I will stick with the second part of my prediction that Jordin wins but I'm getting a little skeered! Blake is gaining momentum and he might just boil over next week with some smoking performances. I think it boils down to who will be watching. Will there be more pre-teen girls out there voting for Blake or will there be more 20 something horny guys out there voting for Jordin. Could be a close one. I would have made some fat cash off my last prediction but those winnings would have found their way into my bank, I would not be doubling down on Jordin, I smell an upset brewing. We shall see.

Windy

The fact that Doolittle was voted off is better for her. Now she can pick the contract she likes. A year from now, she will be the better of the three with great songs. She has a great voice and range.

OK guys,

Do I have to pull a "Rodney King" on y'all???

I think you both have valid points, joking or not. I think the Doo will have a good career and make buckets of money but I do tend to agree that she will appeal to the older listener. Everybody keeps comparing her to a young Tina Turner but she reminds me more of a young Gladys Knight, she just needs to find her "Pips" and she will be all set.

Windy

Jah! I've thought right along that her age would get her going in the wrong direction.

Hey Windy, yall best be careful...old Al (Say anything he wants to anybody) Sharpton might be an FM member and bring the heat down on you for using the name Rodney King to imply anything, about anything! grin.gif

I have to go with Blake as I think all the Sanjaya voters have turned to him. I thought sparks was a little better but the young girl vote might be to hard to handle for sparks.

I guess we will know soon.

Harveylee, I think I agree with you. In my opinion there are more little girls voting than 14-19 year old boys who think Jordon is cute. And I think the lil girls might give Blake the edge. Technically better is surely Jordon, give em a show they won't ever forget... Blake. Sometimes the best doesn't always win...right Melinda? I think both will market very well with albums, so they are both going to be ok. Man that last song was too mushy. Good for Jordon, but you could tell Blake just wanted to puke. hehehehe good show. By the way... I think I started to like that warn out Bon Jovi song again. He made that too cool.

CC

I could live with that to. Wouldn't break my heart either way. I thought that perhaps that little show of emotion at the end of Sparks last number, might have swayed some viewers into voting for her....we'll see tonight!

I think I go along with most of the opinions so far. I think Blake started off like a house on fire and then came crashing down. Jordin was consistant and kept rising. I think his second song choice was weak with that soft mushy stuff and then the third song sunk him. I agree, I did not like the song but Jordin did a better job with it than Blake. I agree with the judges that said Jordin is the better voice but Blake is the better entertainer. I will stick with my Jordin pick but would not be surprised if more pre-teen girls phoned in yesterday and Blake walks away with it. Both will have good careers, much better than the dufus who won last year, what a joke.

Windy

"Tha, tha, tha, thats all folks!" MAN! What a closing program, now was that entertainment, or what?

They have a good format that appeals to just about every segment of the viewing audience, from the old to the new, rockers, country, beat box, the works. Man that was good!

I forgot just how good Taylor Hicks was until tonight! Ruben Studard and Kelly Clarkston? Man, that girl is definately a star...! Underwood goes without saying. All of em, what a great bunch of vocalists...now it's a long wait till next season...hopefully the beat will go on for a few more years! American Idol rocks! smile.gif

I thought the show was pretty good too. I get a kick out of the HUGE smiles on the African Childrens choir. They were my favorite with Josh Grobin on the Idols gives back show.

The worst two parts of the night were

1. Sanjiya sucks

2. Bette Midler sucks too, man was she horrible or what? I want a refund and I didn't even buy a ticket to hear that goat in heat. My lord, she would have drawn great comments from Simon after that crappy performance.

Carrie is beautiful

Taylor, fame or not still is fun

Ruben is soooooo smoooth

Kelly has strong pipes

Jordan is a "spark"le

re- Carrie is beautiful

I completely agree. She is gorgeous, sings great and has racked up every award that music has to offer.

Joe Perry backing Sanjaya up was pretty poor. Why Perry agreed to that, I'll never know. Sanjaya was painful to listen to.

BBG....Yes,yes he was! Him and Midler should have done a duet! Old Tony Bennett put em both to shame and he's about 98 years old!

Midler was by far the worst of the bunch....with that shiny, black plastic skirt on, she kinda reminded me of a beetle bug! I don't expect that she will be getting to many more offers to go on stage!

All in all though, it was a really good finale.

I think the best performance of the finale was Blake, that was gooood! Sparks had the voice right on through.

I'm not sure of the dynamics of the Idol voting, but I'd bet that they weren't far apart as to who would win. Two different styles..like trying to choose which is better, Porterhouse, or fillet...comes down to personal choice, they are both good.