• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol

The Grebe

Geeze, what an accurate guess I made......but, I guess I can live with tonights results.....no stormin the gate! Doolittle looked like she was getting ready to pass out? She kinda stumbled back to her seat when Seacrest said she was safe.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grebe,

I pretty much what we expected. I think Phil and Chris had to go, just a matter of when. I was glad Jordin was saved, I think she will go far. My guess is the three women will split the vote and Blake will get the lions share of the guy vote. I think LaKisha will be the first to fall, then Doolittle (surprise) and it will go down to Blake and Jordin. We will know in the next few weeks.

Windy

J. Sparks is a doll, she has alot of marketability...but she doesn't have the best voice....that distinction belongs to Doolittle. Although for that one song last week, Lakisha was right there along side of her....that was a really good performance!

I agree that Lakisha will in all probability be the next female to go....then Blake, then Sparks..."And the winner is......Melinda Doolittle!"

I think the next to go is Lakisha and then the final three are a toss up but I predict a Blake-Doolittle finale. Blake has the originality factor goin for him in a big way. I'm no fan of that beatboxing junk, but that was pretty cool what he did with that Bon Jovi CLASSIC the other night.

Yeah, that sounds about right? Blake did a bang up job with that Bon Jovi ditty he did, that was some good entertainment! I'm not a beat box fan either, but that was pretty cool.

I liked Lakisha the best, she really got down with that number and I thought it was great!

Doolittle's outfit was about the best she has had on since the competition began...Some of the duds her and Lakisha have had on, leave alot to be desired!

Even Sparks showed up in a couple of yuck get ups and I think that the newly departed Chris might have been better accepted, had he changed up his wardrobe a tad?

Look what San......aww, never mind, no use opening old wounds! grin.gif

I won't argue that Doolittle has a great voice as does LaKisha but LaKisha scares the bejesus out of me. She looks like a mean woman. I would hate to be her husband who forgets to take out the garbage. LOL

As for Doolittle, I don't knock her voice but she seems a little "old" to me. She is the oldest at 29 but she sings much older than that and the true "Idol" is for the youngins. Therefore, I predict LaKisha the next casualty and then Doolittle who will split the vote with Jordin and Blake will go into the finals with Jordin with Jordin edging him out. Any other preditcions out there?

Windy

I still think Jordin wins this. Shes young, can sing and is more marketable then the others. But I've been wrong before smirk.gif. I grew up in the metal era and hated what Blake did to that song. I didn't like Lakisha either, was a no name song. I thought phil did the best with Blaze of glory. But his time was up anyway.

Lee...I'd say Doolittle also, thats what I've thought all along. She has the best voice and she is the best entertainer, but alas, I think Jordan is going to take it.

She appeals to the younger voting audience, I think Doolittles age is against her (I should be so lucky) how old is she, something like 29?

I think Blake and Lakisha will go home tomorrow....their schtick tonight was hard on the ears!

Grebe,

Are they voting two off tonight? I think it will be only one and then one next week. If it is two then I agree, LaKisha and Blake will be the ones to go but if it is only 1 then I think Blake will be safe for another week. When it comes down to it, it should be between the two best voices and I agree that it is Jordin and Doolittle but I still think that Jordin fits the "Idol" image a little better than Doolittle so I think she will take home the cheese.

Windy

I don't think its two tonight, that was just because of the big charity thing and not voting anyone off the week before last.

I say Lakisha goes tonight. She scares me... crazy.gif

Windy...Yeah, it's one, I thought it was still two, but my wife informed me differently and slapped me a good one along side the head for being a dork and not knowing! grin.gif

Roger on everything else.

Things went pretty much by the book,eh Grebe? Next week should be interesting. I think Blake will have to pull a rabbit out of the hat to knock off one of the soul sisters but I think he is up to the challenge and I think it will be Doolittle singing at the end of the show on Wednesday. Big upset but you heard it here first!

Windy

Windy...A rabbit, yes, definately a rabbit Blake needs! My personal opinion is that he is the quasi Sanjaya of this threesome!

I'd say that it will get down to Doolittle and Sparks and because of the age thing, Sparks will take it.

Do you remember a couple of years ago, that rocker named Dourghty (sp)? He seemed like he was gonna blow em all out of the water, right from jump and he gets voted off right at the end...he looked stunned, because I'm sure he thought he had it made....I believe his age also had something to do with it, because it certainly wasn't his singing, or his stage presence, that dude was good!

There was another older singer, rocker, Bo something or other? I think he was older then the rest? He had long hair, but it was thinning, definately not a kid...I think his maturity cost him also?

Of course, this is all speculation on my part...it's been awhile since I was on the American Idol panel. Me Simon, Paula and Randy, we be tight!grin.gif

I would rather not be the winner. the winner is tied to the winners deal or contract and the others can do as they choose. The top five all get contracts but everyone other than the winner can pick thiers.

Go Doolittle. smile.gif

DT..."Yo, yo dawg, check it out, we gots a winner in da house yo!" That be ma man Randy!

"I think that because it's so you and I feel that if you find your heart and sing like tomorrow the sun will rise and your vocals are with whatever your life brings, then I feel the song and I think your great! keep going to whatever your heart brings and sing that song...I think your performance tonight was where it can lead to places that you hope are there when the time comes!" This be Paula!

"What on earth did you just say?" "And you my dear, that song was terrible, you should have your lips sewed shut!" That be Simon. grin.gif

Not so fast all you Doo-Lovers! I think Blake held his own and as much as the judges tried to swing things to the Doo, here is my upset special and I know you already heard it before but I will stick with my prediction. In a shocker, Doo will get Too Little Votes as the soul sisters split the girl vote while Blake scoops up all the boy votes and goes head to head with Jordin.....Where she will promptly beat his brains in on the final show and take home the whole enchilada! You heard it here first!

Windy

Quote:

Not so fast all you Doo-Lovers! I think Blake held his own and as much as the judges tried to swing things to the Doo, here is my upset special and I know you already heard it before but I will stick with my prediction. In a shocker, Doo will get Too Little Votes as the soul sisters split the girl vote while Blake scoops up all the boy votes and goes head to head with Jordin.....Where she will promptly beat his brains in on the final show and take home the whole enchilada! You heard it here first!

Windy

Windy,

We better mark this day down. We finally agree on something. grin.gif

I am with you. Doolittle goes home tonight. She may be the most talented and the most impressive but there is a lot more to shaking this out. As you mentioned, the splitting of some of the voters with Jordan, but I think that there is a certain segment of people watching that would rather be entertained by performance than be impressed with talent. That is where Blake will earn his votes.

GOOD CALL WINDY...I would have made a small wager that it was Blake that was going home...goes to show what I know...nottin! (I still think she was the best though).

I think Doolittle was by far the best singer but there could be someting to this splitting the female vote theory, I don't know. I didn't like Blake originally then warmed to him but now have got backwards on him again. I think Jordin is your next American Idol now...