• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

American Idol

The Grebe

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was embarrassing to watch to put it lightly. I mean...C'MON people! What were you thinking???!!! I literally had to cover my ears and close my eyes on a lot of them. That was just horrid. Even the ones that get to go to Hollywood weren't that good...just average IMO. Sounds like Seattle is going to be worse, so that's some relief.

You got that right! All our talent seemed to have frozen vocal cords and some a little brain freeze to go with it!

Geeze, what a season opener, what a crop! Tonights bunch looks like maybe they escaped off the bus that was taking them to the farm....some of last nights contestants looked and acted like they had tunneled out before hand!

I know one thing, if I was Simon, I'd be strapped, or at the least, have a baseball bat taped under the table within easy reach!:grin

That is funny....OMG I had tears coming down...anyway according to the trailer for tongiht seattle is worse then MPLS, well at least we aren't the worst. Chewbakka (sp)would've had some competition last night! grin.gifblush.gif

Holy Mackeral!!!! What a collection of weirdos Seattle produced! I think Minnehapless is off the hook.

If you didn't see it, there was one little dude that looked like a flying squirrel, or a Lemur? Simon thought he looked like a bush baby?

And his buddy? Geeze, I thought it was John Madden at first? If not him, then it could have been a ringer for his long lost son!

I'm telling ya, it was hard to watch! How those three judges can sit there all day long is beyond me. Maybe all that rain they get up there isn't good for the peoples growth?

I sure don't know how it could get any weirder, but tomorrow I think I heard them say they were going to West Virginia, and you know what that means! Don't quote me on that, but I did see a preview of whats to come and one of those contestants had gums about 4 inches and teeth like a bass! Probably sings like a Lark? Not!

The "Bush Baby" and the "Cowardly Lion" contestants were the highlights of this weeks two shows. This is the best humor to find on tv after Larry The Cable Guy. When the opening round is finished I don't even watch American Idol. I Don't care who wins.

my 16 year-old daughter tried out in the Cities and I can tell you for sure.....some of these "hog callers", were put on with Paula(ditz)and Simon simply for effect! She didn't make it on, but they told her she had a beautiful voice but needed to project better.

All in all, it was a great experience for her and she met alot of neat people. It's really quite a process to go through. We still kidd her about the bad ones on t.v. and wondering how they could have gone on to meet simon and not her...lol....She did get to meet the host Ryan and be in the opening video though, so she had fun.......

Quote:

They do say its the best and the worst of the tryouts that they show...

I laugh hysterically at all these losers the first auditions shows are the best!

The thing I still haven't figured out is.......do these people REALLY think they can sing???What frame of reference did they use to come to this conclusion?? I know I have sung in the shower on occasion, until my wife tells me to shutup!, I'm scaring the neighbors dog! grin.gif

BUSH BABY was a classic comment and then was it Madden's long lost son or Louie Anderson's? Boy was that a lot of red on that shirt and the pants pulled up looked kinda like a cross between Madden and Ed Grimley! grin.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

BWS...Yeah, that guy in the red looked like he was dangerous? He kind of looked like he was debating weither he could get to Simon before the security got to him! He might have been in for a surprise, I don't think Simons a pup!

How about that other goof ball that thought he was Taylor Hicks? Man, that dude must really be into sniffing the hairspray!

How about that first contestant "Hotness" what a sweet disposition she had....looked like she had a ring of baloney glued to her face!

All in all, pretty weird happenings! I bet that the Bush Baby turns up again in one of the commercials, or something? You watch!

Remember the contestant last year that couldn't sing a lick called Simon all kinds of names, did the bleeped out high kick with a skirt on and made the statement, "Paula Abdul ain't got nothin on me!" Well, she turned up with a spot in a commercial later last year.

Hey, did anyone out there hear that William Hung OD'd and bought the farm?

Quote:

Hey, did anyone out there hear that William Hung OD'd and bought the farm?

awe come on. that can't be true. It would be reported everywhere.

well before I hit submit......I checked myself:

Hung Rumor

On a side note, AI is going a little overboard on the wack jobs this year. They might want to throttle back a bit. They are bordering on not being funny at all.

dtro...The W. Hung thing...that was a question!

I had heard it and I thought the same thing that if it was true, it would be all over the place...just didn't know where to check it out to see if indeed it was true. I knew that some FM'er would have the straight scoop.

Seattle - the white haired woman who brought her black haired mom was plain scary. MAN, it does run in the family.

re-Taylor Hicks look alike - I've never seen security in the room w/ the hosts, they must keep them off camera. They moved pretty fast when he tried to get to Simon's hair!!!

I don't know, it's alright entertainment, but I'm amazed at the people who are duped by this show.

A good example was the young lady that was singing "Kiss" by Prince. It was a total bust, she couldn't put together more than three words at a time.

I looked at my wife and said, "there is NO way this girl waltzed in there sang this song for them. Sure enough, it was revealed that ALL the contestants that made it to the main audition HAD to sing that song. So considering the circumstances, she did a pretty good job.

They sure made it look like everyone in MN wanted to sing that song though smirk.gif

Some of it is pretty funny though, like the girl and her mom. That girl could've used a little more "support", if you know what I mean wink.gif