• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Would you walk away for $210 million

Chris Haley

the only reason I play powerball, is so I can win, and fish and hunt the rest of my life. so to say to give it up for the millions, that would be tough, but I would take the cash, and guide my friends free of charge for fishing and hunting adventures. or if I coundn't do it, try for a year or so, and live it up, untill I have to give it back grin.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

untill I have to give it back

Hmmmm...give it back? Here's a thought....invest in a safe account for a few years, take what ya make above and beyond the $210M (which would probably be a lot), then give the $210M back and you're set! grin.gif

You have any idea how complicated life would become with $210M?

I'll stick to my middle-class lifestyle and spend my weekends in the boat, on the ice, and hunting with my wife and kids. I could never look them in the eye and tell them I sold out my deepest passion for money.

There's more to life than cash.

All of you that won't take the money are crazy.

Yes, I would miss fishing a lot. But, I would make that sacrifice for my family.

I am only middle-aged, but would give up fishing just to see my family enjoy life more. Even if it meant fishing without me. Those that got money and it ruined their lives...they are idiots.

I would quit fishing, hunting, doing about anything for $210 million. Heres a better question- would you live on a deserted island for 5 years for that money? I would have to think about that ALOT longer. Would you give up your vehicle, electricity, all of lifes conveninces for that money? Even more thinking involved.

JKH,

I'm with you. In a second, no doubt -- keep the ******* money. It would be like selling your soul to the devil.

The only thing I can think about doing with all that money, is the different fishing trips I would take. No brainer. No Thanks!!!

rascal

i definetely would not walk away for the money. all of the memories that i have at the age of 16 are great and i still have my whole life infront of me so i would definetely have to say no.

I have thought about this for a few days now and I would have a hard time saying "yes" but I don't know if I could say "no"! I can't imagine life without fishing, but being able to take care of your family and loved ones monetarily is a heck of a thing to turn down. Think of the great things you could do for your kids, your siblings, your grandkids, deprived families and children. I can't even fathom what it would be like to not fish your whole life, but it would be hard to turn down the ability to help so many people and bring happiness(I know money doesn't buy happiness, but it is a heck of a start)to so many people. The bottom line is I am gonna have to invent something that makes me millions so I can take care of everyone and still go fishing!!! cool.gif

I would give up fishing for $210 million if I could still hunt. A guy can hunt a lot of places with a good bankroll.

If I have to give up both, I don't know. No worries about paying for college for the kids. No worries about retirement. And, I like golf and running quite a bit too (not as much though). So, I could occupy my time. But, I don't know. The first day of turkey season is one of the few times I can't sleep the night before. Boy, it would be hard to replace that kind of anticipation.