• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Would you walk away for $210 million

Chris Haley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would burn my guns...break my rods in half, and sink my boat for 210 million. you guys are crazy saying you wouldnt take the money. I am a diehard outdoorsman but 210millions dollars COMON!!! you dont realize how much money that is, there are plenty of other things you could get into. And i did say in a HEARTBEAT and i gave no excuses or a way to get out of it.

In a heartbeat! That would give me much more time for hunting and then and I could afford to hunt anytime, anywhere that I wanted too! Summer fishing you can have for a lot less than that but it would be tough to give up ice fishing! However, like I said, in a heartbeat! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

There's still now way in heck I'd give up fishing for money...no way I could be convinced. For me, there are a lot more important things in life than just money. $210M won't necessarily buy a person happiness, but when I'm on the water or in the blind, I'm as about as happy as I'll ever be. Some things are priceless, and the right and ability to fish is one of them.

No Way, Don't get me wrong, that much money would be great. The problem is you always hear stories of the people that get all that money and they hate the way family and friends treat them. I would hope that I have better friends and family than that. Would love to help them, but would still need something to do to occupy my time. I'm sure I could be happy with that kind of money, but I enjoy my pastimes and hobbies and money isn't everything. grin.gif

Isn't it sad though that you can actually screw up in your job, milk the share holders and still live happily ever after. Executive severance packages are almost a bigger laugh than some athletic salaries. Still haven't figured out the answer to the original question LOL Bill

Yeah.....and ya know...I wonder how much $210M really is to the guy that got it??? I mean, is it like a $1,000 bonus to the rest of us, comparatively? I'm sure his salary was a megabucks number. $210M might just be some "extra spending cash" for this guy. tongue.gif

JKH....This is the post I was looking for before I posted my own. I would take the dough in a nano second and the strings that went with it....I'd hire an attorney to advise me on where to stash the cash, where it would generate the most babies.

Then I would put the attorney onto finding a loop hole in the program and take advantage of it. There is relatively nothing where an attorney can't find his way through the maze somehow.

I'd have my cake and eat it to! grin.gif

Like a lot of us, I regard the outdoor sports as therapy...where I can get away from the worries of the world and just let myself unwind. In fact, I regard those moments as necessary for my own wellbeing. Is it frustrating when the fishing doesn't go your way? Of course. Sitting in a deer blind do I wish it wasn't so cold. Sure. But I can tell that without fishing, I would be a different person today. However, with $210 million dollars, I could take up golf!!!!

Hmmmm....my dreams of winning the big lottery usually revolve around being able to fish and hunt at my liesure. So...having to give that kind of stuff up would be pretty dang hard, but I gotta say take the $$$$. There are a lot of other things out there that I could do to occupy my time other than going to work every day.

Travel

Photography

Hiking

Biking

Camping

Cripes I could even take all my friends and family out fishing and just watch and see the smiles on their faces and get a bang out of.

Not having to show up at work every d a m n day!!!

Thinking about it a little more, I would definitely take the money. I mean, come on, it's money. Give up fishing? Yes. Give up beer? Yes. Give up hunting? Yes. My new full time job would be to count my money. My new hobby would be to spend my money. When I think of all the cars I could build, trips I could take, and toys I could play with, I'm betting I wouldn't have much time to miss fishing.

Maybe if I hit both the PowerBall AND the Hot Lotto tonight, I'll have a different perspective. The cash payout for PB is $55M and HL is $11M. I would be OK with either one (or both) of those, even if I had to give up fishing. cool.gif

If it meant giving up fishing....no way would I take it, even if it were put right in front of my face to smell. smirk.gif

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I just can't give up something I love to do so much just so that I can have a bigger house, bigger cars, more toys, travel, etc etc. Now, if I had to give up beer....no problemo! I drink about one night every 2 or 3 months anyway. I can still have mixers and other fine drinks! grin.gif

Quote:

I highly doubt that anyone here, if shown the money, would walk away from it. Myself included.

Right on. I would find new hobbies. You know Mr. Hefner is getting older I think I would like his job/hobbies grin.gif.

It's amazing how many past lotto winners have said, "My life is worse now"

Having things is fun and there will always be those that have more and those that have less.

But.....Fishing is in my soul.

It's something I would have to think about for sure, but in the end would probably take the money, because I know a few guys that would gladly accept all the gifts I could give in exchange for them letting me ride along as they fish.

Honestly, now that I think about it I get almost just as much joy watching someone else catch a fish as I get when I catch one.