• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie Favorites...

Corey Bechtold

Just thought I'd see what your favorite movies are. One of my favorite movies of all time is "The Blues Brothers". That is a very quotable movie! One of the best lines in that movie made me laugh one day when my Mercury outboard blew up. I was heading across the lake when all of a sudden there was a loud CLANK! Kinda like the end of the movie when they are being chased by the cops.

"Oh no" Elwood

"What the f___ was that" Jake

"The motor, we've thrown a rod" Elwood

"Is that serious?" Jake

..."Yea" Elwood

Given the circumstance I was in I still managed to laugh when I thought about that scene. :grin:

Lets hear your favorite movies!

Corey Bechtold

Good topic Corey!

One that stick out in my mind is from Dumb and Dumber. When Lloyd asked the lady if those skies on the roof were hers. She said yes they are. Then he goes "Both of them?" Duh!

Oh ya and about anything from Joe Dirt.

Neither of those were my favorite movies but just a few chuckles from the one liners. :grin:

Well, people might think I'm a bit odd, but I've got a fascination with fictional movies and "based on a true story" movies.

My all time favorite is the 6 Star Wars movies. I grew up with those movies and they've stuck with me ever since the first one came out.

My second is Lord of the Rings. I really enjoyed that trilogy. Great music too.

Others that I really enjoy are "We Were Soldiers", "A Beautiful Mind", "Remember the Titans" and for Christmas movies, my favorites are "Scrooge" (Albert Finney version) and without a doubt "A Christmas Story".

My favorite war movie by far is the series "Band of Brothers". Wow, what a great series. My grandpa spent time in some of the towns those guys went through, so it has special interest to me. Others would be "Midway" and "Tora Tora Tora".

Another series put out by HBO is "From the Earth to the Moon". Great series, very interesting on the challenges NASA faced back then. I'm an engineer, so I've got special interests in designs and problem solving, etc.

It's a long list, but those are my favs.

Dumb and Dumber, LMAO. I never saw the movie util it was out on video. I was stuck in England for all of January '97, and it was on TV one night. I think I kept the whole hotel up laughing so loud. The one part that really cracked me up was when they took the wrong turn, and were heading east across Nebraska:

"Boy, those Rocky Mountains sure don't look very rocky."

"Yeah, that John Denver is full of bleep."

Another one that I still laugh out loud at is Strange Brew. I am still hoping they do a sequel some day.

My alltime has to be The Christmas Story.

A commercial you got to be kidding a god D@m commercial.

The one that I may have hear more then any

Knife thats not a knife nows heres a knife.

This may be dating me but there also was,

Badges,

we don't need no stinking badges.

Sifty

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Testing for Dan:

Quote:

Another one that I still laugh out loud at is Strange Brew. I am still hoping they do a sequel some day

grin.gif - grin

Spinal Tap! That one is full of them.

The record exec is trying to explain that their new album cover is too sexist. Nigel responds -

"What's wrong with being sexy?"

Nigel is being interviewed at a piano, and he is playing a bueatiful ballad - "This is written in D minor, which is the saddest of all keys."

And again from Strange Brew - "This movie is filmed in 3B, three beers and it looks good, eh."

So many good and funny movies and I do love goofy ones like Dumb and Dumber and The Jerk as mentioned already, but as a fisherman, one of my favorites that I can watch over and over is Jaws:

"Back home we got a taxidermist, he's gonna have a heart-attack when he sees what I brung 'im"

And number 15 on the all-time famous movies quotes:

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

As muchas I love movies, watching them once in usually enough for me; however, I've never tired of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Just the thought of cousin Eddy in his boxers and a mad bomber, empting his rv's septic tank into the storm sewer makes me chuckle every time.

..."Merry Christmas; s**ter's full".

I could bore you listing all of my favorites, but since this is FM, one of my favorites is "The Great Outdoors."

I'd love to have "Suck My Wake" painted on the back of my boat someday. wink.gif

Oh man, I can't forget about "The Great Outdoors". My kids laughed till they couldn't breathe at the bear scene near the end of the movie.

As far as rating movies I am going to start the "Beer" rating. This is judged by how many beers it takes to make a movie funny (or good). "Super Troopers was a good movie, and a great movie after 5 Beers! grin.gif

Another good one is "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back". It's funny either way but only takes 2-3 beers to make it absoultely hilarious.

I like the list everyone is coming up with so far. I'll give a shout out to all the "Strange Brew" lovers out there. I love when when he's stuck in the beer vat and says... "My brother and I used to say that drowning in beer would be like heaven, this isn't heaven, this sucks!". grin.gif I don't know if that's the exact quote but that is a funny scene.

Good list,

Corey Bechtold

I've always enjoyed the Grumpy and Grumpier Old Men movies.

"Did ya mount her son?"

"Well does she have big thighs?"

"If I was your age, I'd mount every woman in Wabasha!"

Or when Gustafson goes to his Paps shanty and Paps opens the door with his wisky cantine and says "Hey, I was just finishing breakfast!"

Some of my fav's include:

Christmas Vacation (Might be my number one)

Blazing Saddles (Made before I was Born)

Grumpy Old Men

Austin Powers movies

James Bond movies

Conan the Barbarian, ... the Destroyer

Lord of the Ring Trilogy

Space Balls

One I have always been able to watch is Predator. Love it.

It is hard to compile a list. Too many.

Any Clint Eastwood fans out there?

"Any which way but loose"

"Pale Rider"

Another great western is "Tombstone."

I like the first "Nation Lampoon Vaction" when Rusty drinks his first beer and they strap the dead Aunt to the car.

I was until he starred in 'Unforgiven' and couldn't hit a bull in the a$$ with a banjo! (That little shotgun). He follows that up with 'Bridges Of Maddison County' then with one where he took off his shirt for a love scene...man, that wasn't a pretty sight! The dude looked like a white melted candle! His posture looked like he had scoliossis!

I'll stick to the first Clint Eastwood movies

Quiggly Down Under/BraveHart/Terminator/Once Upon A Time In America/Blood in Blood out/American Me/Iron Will/Crocodile Dundee/ The Godfather/Saving Private Ryan/Forest Gump/Cinderella Man.

There are a mountain of good movies, these are just some that I can think of right off hand.