• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bow!!

Very nice bow. smile.gifNow all one needs to do is to keep working on the shooting form and come this fall you will reap your rewards.

There is nothing better than a good clean kill. smile.gifLooks to me you have a very nice set-up.I like your arrow color also.

Congrats!!! Nothing like a new bow to get the confidence up!!!

Pardon my ignorance, what kind is it? A Matthews? Are those cams or wheels at the end?

Good luck with it, nothing like a new piece of equipment!!

Yep, a Matthews Switchback XT. I shot quite a number of different bows including the Bowtech Tribute, and the Hoyt Trycon. This one seemed to be the one that fit me best... Exceptionally smooth and fast (295 fps).

The guy that fletched my arrows offset them slightly. (each feather about 3/16 inch further forward) I wasnt sure about that at first but the seem to fly great. Has anyone else tried that at all?

Congrats on the bow. I have an 05 switchback and I love it. I think you have a shaffer rest on it too??? I love the schaffer I put on mine. One of the best built rests on the market in my opinion. I need to shoot again. I layed off after winter league and turkey season ended... I miss shooting. frown.gif

By 3 degrees what exactly do you mean? so that the fletching is offset 3 degrees from the long axis of the arrow? Mine are that way too, but what I meant to say that starting at the nock, each feather is about 3/16 - 1/4 " further down the shaft than the previous one....

Yep, its a schaeffer.. very nice rest, seems to hold onto the arrow really well, considering the compact size...

Congrats....that is a pretty bow. I got the same one about 6 months ago and love it. The only changes I made involved the string...went with Vapor Trail string/cables and I added some cat whiskers to the string. Good luck and enjoy.

Cliffy

Not to speak for Harvey Lee but usually a "3 degree offset" means that the fletching is mounted, instead of straight where all each fletches are mounted straight up the shaft, each at 120 degrees so that each fletch is on the peak of each side of the shaft but parallel in line with the shaft, the fletches are mounted just off the peak. Helical fletching is what I use, is where the fletchings are mounted at an angle to the shaft. Fletching mount doesn't matter much if your arrows are tuned properly to the bow and are coming out of the bow straight. Anyway, Congrats again!

Nice description TomBow... that is what 3 degree means to me as well..

I have seen a few arrows as you descibe however, with each feather a different length away from the nock.. the thought process behind this is to have more surface area without the extra weight. Your supposed to get the same flight out of a 4" feather/vane with 3" feathers/vanes.

Thanks guys good description. Thats what I figured regarding the reson for the lengthwise offset as well. Overall gives you a bit longer stabilizing surface. Either way I am really happy how it shoots. It sure is a step up from my old bow with aluminum arrows... Its amazing how flat these carbon arrows shoot even at 30 yards the drop is pretty small.

Nope, not Chalstrom's. Bought it from a bow shop over in Bemidji. Best service I have ever seen. Extremely meticulous, and has you set up exactly right when you go out the door. (nothing against chalstrom's I just had super recommendations regarding the shop in Bemidji)

Yeah thats for sure! After dishing out this sorta cash, I had better get the big guy this year! grin.gif Been working on the shooting form from ground and from the stand for a while now, just to try to rebuild the confidence after losing the one last year. Oh and the new bow helped a little too grin.gif