• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

254 Days till Bow Season

your not going to last long thinking like that. You can either turn to whiskey (i've done that, doesn't speed it up) or look foreward to catfishing, probably a mere 90 plus days away....now even the vikings and monday night football are over so quit taliking like that, you'll send me into a funk.........

Why fight it? Feed the passion of bowhunting instead. Focus on things related to the actual hunting that you can do now. I'm building a permanent box stand designed for bow and gun hunting and setting up a new trail camera. Got a gift certificate for work for Xmas that pretty much paid for it! It's the newer Wildview Digital 2.0. Will be interested to see how and if it works. I might also sign up for some local "bowhunter" archery leagues. My wife breathed a sigh of relief when December came - thinking bowhunting was only 3 1/2 months long. But she didn't factor in the "offseason" preparation involved. grin.gif

I joined a indoor 3D winter league this year. It's been very fun so far.

I also spent a record number of days (for me anyway) hunting this last year. I came up empty but I think I saw more deer (and closer up) than any other year I've hunted. Sometimes all the ducks never quite line up though.

Next year will be tougher to get out but I still look forward to it.

I hope to use my bow for Turkey hunting this spring also!

I live for bowhunting but fill the off season with ice fishing, varmit hunting, turkey hunting, and open water fishing. I tend to feed one addiction at a time and before I know it, it's September once again! With that being said, hurry the hell up with it!

Is it 2006 already grin.gif

There is so much to look forward....ice fishing, late season ice fishing, turkey hunting, walleye opener, bass opener, on and on and on.

I can't even think about fall yet, as I'm just focussed now on the I.C.E Series event at Lake Winnie coming up in 2 weeks grin.gif

Sooner or later all this "novelty" will wear off and I'll be wishing I was in the stand.

Well we're one week closer, dang that's still a long time. I went enough this year that I was a little burned out by the end of the year & only went 2-3 times after gun season. I can probably wait until the first of March or so & then it's going to be killing me too. I'm finally getting going & feel like ice fishing a little more. Sure is nice to see the days getting longer already.

I am starting to get the itch to work on a couple of new stands we planned this year. Also thinking about how many & what kind of new trees I'll be planting this year to add to the habitat. That isn't as fun as the actual hunting, but you can get a lot of satisfaction from that stuff, especially if there's at least a bit of farmer inside you somewhere.

Bow Hunting.....it's the most wonderful time of the year. Why is it that Oct, Nov, Dec seem to fly by while the rest of the year drags on? Since becoming a bow hunter a few years ago, I have only harvested one deer but that's not what is about necessarily. Just being out in the woods for over three months is awesome. I used to absolutely hate that last day of rifle season when you knew that you have a full year to wait until you experience that again. With bow hunting, that closure is a little easier to take since you have had over three months to prepare for it!

I agree Law Firm. This year was my first bow hunting. It was also the first time in about seven years that I did not shoot a deer for rifle, but leaving camp was so much easier knowing I still had a month and a half to hunt. Low and behold on December 10th I arrowed my first deer, a doe.

Looks like we better get a few more chairs for the next Bowholics support group! Man, I tell ya, there's something about the mystical flight of the arrow, the detail involved in getting the bow set-up just right, the practice sessions, time in the woods, getting up day after day at 0-dark thirty just to sit in the woods that gets a feller all misty-eyed just thinkin' about it! God, I love bowhunting and seems like I might not be the only one. Thanks for the support my fellow bow-addicted brudders! Best of Luck to you and yours!

"Wait till you shoot a deer with the bow!"

LOL. I know this feeling being my first season bow and deer hunting period. After I tagged my first doe, I decided to wait for a buck for the second tag. But I was foaming at the mouth every time a doe walked by my stand or blind. I couldn't stand it anymore and took another doe opening morning of gun season with the bow. Next year I'll have more patience waiting for a buck. Maybe. grin.gif

Quote:

I just bought my first bow and cannot wait until the season starts--I do get some strange looks as I set the target by a snowbank after work just to shoot a little! Someone warned me that if you shoot just once your hooked--they were right!

That is for sure!! I can remember when I said, "I'll never buy a bow." Then I got a buddy a job at the Gander Mountain I was working at and he talked me into buying one. Couldn't be happier now that I'm an archer.

We addicting and as soon as you are in the woods and you hae that first deer walk under you....that first time your heart is really thumping..... then you'll be really hooked.