• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muskie Photo Gallery

davev

Nice fish Cecil! Wish I was up there fishing (bass that is). I went out this morning for some bass and all I caught was this lousy musky grin She went 45" and was very fat... Caught her on a DT series rapala and a MH st. croix... Took 10 minutes to bring her in... Pic ain't so good since I was by myself...

100_0734.jpg

I went out to Weaver lake in the metro a month ago and had a couple of those, but I was not able to get my bait back smile. Always makes you wonder for the first few cranks on the bass reel (state record bass or musky?), then there's no question. That one does look fat!

I know this pic didn't turn out that well but just wanted to show you can still catch fish on Mille Lacs since everyone says they're not going now.

She sure looks bigger than she was. Friend's holding her against his body (wet rainsuit) so no disguising the size. 49.5 and fat.

DSC01083.jpg

Heres one I caught Friday night on a prop bait prototype that I have been working on.

It hit just as I was trying to hack up a bug that flew into my mouth, I've been fishing with my mouth open ever since!

MuskiePics007-1.jpg

This next one was caught by my diehard fishing buddy Cory who who definately deserved it, he has had some opportunities on some big fish but has never been able to get the stink on, well he did this morning with this 46.5".

MuskiePics002-1.jpg

Then theres this guy Ryan who we met yesterday on the water he hooked into this 47.5 while bass fishing (of course), we borrowed our net to him and he landed his first ski

MuskiePics007-3.jpg

So this morning Cory and I were fishing "his"(Ryans) spot hoping to hookup with another but we saw only one smaller fish, so we moved down the shore a little, I looked over my shoulder and again there was Ryan,fishing "his" spot, with his rod doubled over with this 49.5". Awesome fish Ryan. (SShhh on the location though)

MuskiePics007-2.jpg

RuKiddingme- Thanks, we tried a new angle on the picture and am very pleased with the results. Also wanted a new angle on the picture to see how well i am supporting the fish while holding it.

RincRat-Like i said on the pike forum I dont measure my fish, I would reather limit the handling and just get a quick pic. 40? maybe 40.5? Not sure though.

For you experts on the holds of big fish, I have a question. I am about the experience of catching/seeing big fish and always want to see them swim away...How is my hold on this particular fish? Note: My fingers are not in the fishes gills so no damage done there...

Nice hold! My goal is if it's a pic worthy fish....20 seconds out of the water....tops. I just do a ballpark measure on a floating measuring stick in the water, personally I don't really get into +/- a half inch or so, unless it's a monster, which is generally not the case....

I love the angle...very cool! Congrats!