• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Largemouth Bass '05

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not done yet, are you? cool.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

JessieBass.jpg

Exact same length as the above bass 20 7/8" 5.8 lbs

These two fish were caught 9 days and 200 miles apart, one on a worm, one on a spinnerbait. I'm hoping my lucky big bass mojo keeps going for another few days.

GREAT fish. I'm so impressed. How bout some tips on technique. Spinnerbait you say? around structure? open water? deep /shallow? bottom content? Feed me ! I'm starving here with only dinks!

:-)

Right place, right time, with some luck thrown in. The second bass was caught on the cabin lake, my biggest ever there by far. I was using a white spinnerbait with a silver indiana blade and a red indiana blade, seemed like a good pike/bass go to color. Bass are few and far between in the lake so I usually target both species at once. There's this submerged rock that must be a great ambush spot for bass, doesn't matter what time of year, there usually is a bass there. She hit right away and headed into the bulrushes, got her out only to see her head back in again, steady pressure finally brought her to my hand. She was defineatly hanging next to structure in less than four feet of water. This size fish is a rarity on this lake, I got lucky.

As for getting bigger bass, my best advise would be to fish lakes that hold better than average size bass. Lakes like O'Dowd, Waconia, Bryant and Tonka in the metro area, it just increases your odds of getting into a sweet bass. Also, don't be afraid to use bigger lures than you're used to this time of year. And don't worry about getting skunked, those two bass were the only ones I caught each day. Just put your time in on the water, that's one of the biggest things, ya ain't going to catch anything sitting on the couch. cool.gif

Good advise Duffman. My biggest largie at 22 inches was caught on one of the lakes you mentioned above and it was caught on a musky inhaler bucktail. BIG fish=BIG bait! The bigger fish most of time won't waste any of their energy chasing around small baits, they go for the ones that will count.

5.5 LBER caught mid summer 05 in Ct from shore...

5105paul5halfbass.jpg

This guy below was only about 2 lbs, but a pig!! I hooked a fish on a drop shot salamander, my partner hooked a fish on a drop shot worm!! We fought it out, and came to the the conclusion each of us caught a 1 lber!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

2hookfish.jpg