• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

**New** Angel Eye Jig *Tournament winning jig 2005*

Hey Everybody... I just had to share these with everyone.

I would like to INTRODUCE you to the brand new Angle Eye Jig by Scenic Tackle, one of the awesome FishingMinnesota.com sponsors! The Angle Eye sets its self apart from other jigs in its shape and finish! This jig sports an oversized carbon steel sticky sharp blood red hook, which will help with hook ups. Double skirt keepers to hold the bait/plastics on, awesome for saving money on plastics. Thin head design to cut down the current, and knife threw weeds better. Realistic 3-D molded eyes, AND, the Scenic paint/finish that we have come to love in 6 different colors.

f03a3bf8e5.jpg

Here is a side by side comparison between the Angel Eye Jig and the already popular Scenic Tackle Pro Series Jig. Notice the head shape, and how the Eyes jump right out at you. This is going to give the fish something to trigger in on.

aaa8a47817.jpg

48b5576d61.jpg

Will I be getting rid of my Pro Series Jigs? Definitely Not!!! I think both jigs will have their place in my tackle box. However, for me, the head design on the Angle Eye I think has a lot of advantages. I think the eye hole compartment may give off more vibration, and I think it will come threw weeds better than a regular head. The double barb will no doubt hold plastics on better, and the eyes of the jigs already do not have paint in them. They are ready to fish right out of the package!

Look for them soon!!!!

Deitz Dittrich

You can find Angel Eye Jigs at the Outdoor Pro Store - Click Here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRK- They come in 1/16th - 3/8th oz sizes... and I hope they will be available on TackleCity.com.. otherwise I was told they would be available in many retailers in the area. Not sure when they will get thier shipments. Hopefully Jeff will come on and let us know, however he may be busy making jigs.. LOL

I recieved a sample of these jigs and I too am immpressed.

As a river angler, I think these jigs will be one of my favorite jigs.

While pitching jigs, the larger side profile will aid in drifting your offering with the current and presenting your baits naturaly. The key to catching those river walleye and smallies.

The eyes also give the fish something to key in on and will result in fewer missed fish. Most predators will target the head of a bait and the eyes the Angel Eye Jigs give them a clearer target.

For vertical jigging in both rivers and lakes, the thinner head will cut down on the drag of the jig allowing you to fish with a lighter jig increasing your hook ups without sacraficing sensitivity.

The hooks are impressive as well. The high carbon material prevents the hooks from bending out while fighting a fish and prevent hook breaks while the sticky sharp hooks will aid in your hook ups.

I also like the double barb keepers for plastics. They are well formed and will aid in keeping your plastics from sliding down the hook. A problem I have encountered on a lot of common jig designs.

Yup, I think these new Angle Eye jigs are a well thought out jig design that is going to give me an advantage.

What we wanted to do with this jig is to make it the “go to jig” for all situations. I spent many hours reading and listening to what jig fisherman wanted in a jig and how they wanted this jig to preform. Last summer and throughout the winter we played with many variables until we had all the right combinations in order. People wanted a slim compact jig with a slightly oversized hook and something that would hold plastics better then what is out there. Dennis and Deitz have done a great job picking out many of the aspects and benefits to this jig.

Then when we had to pick a name we chose to call it the Angel Eye Jig. It has been my intention to have a line of jigs with this name but I wanted to be sure that product was reliable enough to preform as the summer “go to” like the Angel Eye Spoon has become to so many fisherman in the winter.

The printing for the packaging is being worked on at this time and they will be available very soon. Angel Eye Jigs will be offered to FM members as soon as the packaging is completed. We are going to be offering them in 3/packs of each color and size. The colors in the pictures are the ones available and the sizes range from 1/16th - 3/8th oz. Keep an eye open for them very soon!

[Note from admin-

The Angel Eye jigs (for walleye under slip bobbers or vertical jigging or cast into a school of walleyes) with slightly oversized - super sharp VMC hooks and a double barbed collar - and those eyes that walleyes target are now available at:

OutdoorProStore.com - Click Here in 1/16th, 1/8th 1/4, & 3/8th oz sizes. ]

Well Jeff....you did just that with the new Angel Eye Pro Jigs!

Folks, if you haven't taken the chance to load up your tackle box these new jigs- do yourself a favor and start today.

I had a chance to put these jigs to the test this weekend up on the St. Louis River. Being it a river system, I came across piles of rubble, big boulders and snag city galore! Not to mention very hungry walleyes cool.gif

I'm overly impressed with the paint job and color selections on these jigs. You can't find a brighter jig on the market w/ a ultimate sharp red hook on it! NO WAY, NO HOW!

The color schemes Jeff has come up with are dynamic and catch fish period. The industry has the same color schemes, but not in the brightness that Jeff has come up with!

Also these jigs are indestructible! As I was mentioning, I fished areas were it was snag city. I never once lost a jig--that is no lie- on a snag. If anything, the hook would bend enough for me so the hook would come free. From there I'd bend the hook back to it's normal position and I'd be back in business!

With the oversized hook and double collar, bait and plastic's never get off......unless it's your first time on the water and your skills are a little rusty grin.gif

I would recommend that you have them in your arsenal next time you plan a fishing trip!

They look awesome and I just ordered some and maybe i will be using them this week.If the paint is as good as the angel eye Jr and go devils I bought this winter i will be very happy with them.Awesome Jigs.

jEFF

THE NEW JIGS LOOK GREAT,HOPE THEY CATCH FISH AS WELL AS THEY LOOK.I REALLY LIKE THE FACT THAT I DONT HAVE TO CLEAN THE PAINT OUT OF THE EYE AND THE HOOKS SEEM FLEXIBLE.i WILL HAVE A GREAT YEAR WITH THESE JIGS,THE BEST IVE EVER BOUGHT

tHANKS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT

TOM

Tom,

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad to hear you like the products you ordered. We used a special carbon steel hook for these jigs. I am sure you will find them very superior. One thing to keep in mind is that this hook is super sharp and penetrates like a razor so you do not need to set the hook as hard as you normally do.

I hope you had a chance to get out and use them this weekend!

Jeff

went fishing today and caught 4 nice eyes with the new ANGEL EYE JIGS you make i bought from TackleCity.com.I will be ordering some of your crappie jigs from there as they are very nice.

So far I have tested the new AE jigs on just a couple of species. I boated a herd of 20-25# cats on them in Canada tipped with Spottail Shiners...they performed well..very well even Rigged Barbless.

If Mama sumo kitty can't trash them AE Jigs...well...Miss Walleye sure won't Eh. wink.gif

Great jigs!! cool.gif

Sounds like these jigs are getting a real workout and producing well. This is good to hear!! I am hoping (stress the hoping) to get out this weekend and chase some eyes with them myself.

I need to add my 102 cents here. WOW, is all I can say. We used these in a tournament this weekend and hammered the walleyes!! Almost ran out of shinners. Besides the obvious, another thing I love about these jigs? YOU DON'T HAVE TO CLEAN PAINT OUT OF THE EYELET!!!! How much time is spent making sure all the paint is cleaned out so you don't cut your line just by tying a not?? Not with the Angel Eye Jig!! Also, are you tired of having to put the file to a new jig?? Not with the Angel Eye Jig! These hooks are so sharp that when you go to jig your rod and feel the weight of a walleye that picked it up on the fall, you are already setting the hook! You don't need to lay into them like other jigs.

I only wish they were free!! Because with the increased bites, come the need for more jigs than normal. Be sure to check your line after every bite! No nibblers with these jigs!!

We are doing our best to keep the eyelets open. That paint-less eyelet has made a lot of people happy.

Again that is just one of the features of this product.

Just got some of these.

Another great product from Scenic Tackle. I really like the double plastic keeper up near the head. That will really help to keep the plastic in place. Mega sharp VMC red hooks for sure hook-ups. Can't wait to get out and give them a try laugh.gif

JUST RECIEVED ANOTHER ORDER OF THESE GREAT JIGS,THIS TIME THE CRAPPIE JIGS.AS ALWAYS,VERY SHARP,GREAT COLORS AND TO ME THE BEST PART IS YOU DONT HAVE TO CLEAN THOSE EYES OUT.FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT YET BOUGHT AND TRIED THESE GEMS,DO YOURSELF A FAVOR,THEY ARE THAT NICE.

AGAIN THANKS TO JEFF AT SCENIC TACKLE

TOM/LEE HARVEY

2 thumbs up for me!

Last Saturday I snuck out onto the lake, it was chilly and light rain and the fish were deep, 25-27 feet. I chose the glow pink Angel Eye jig and for an hour these fish went crazy on this jig mixed with a shiner.

This was the largest, a 25" walleye. Several other smaller eyes fell victim too (all released for another day). It was tough running the camera in the conditions, I tried my best... smirk.gif

Angeleyeeye.jpg

[Note from admin: You can find Angel Eye Jigs at the Outdoor Pro Store - Click Here.]

I tried the Angel Eye jigs yesterday, was on the hottest bite I've been on for a while. I slow trolled the jigs and noticed I had less blow back which I attribute to the profile of the AE jigs. That helped out because I was fishing eyes over grass, with the jigs closer to vertical I was able to better control my jigs depth, end result was dragging grass around less often.

One thing I've found with the choice of Scenic Tackles hooks is the penetration I'm getting on hook sets. Even the sloppy sets when your not on the ball, you know, like when your taking a bite out of a sandwich. grin.gif

Something else about the hooks is the tips take a lot of beating and don't curl over. Getting hung in the rocks and pulling free usually means its time to retie or resharpen, not so with the AE, Pro and Premium Series jigs.