• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Bow

DRH1175

I am thinking of upgrading to a new bow next year. Any opinions. I want a good hunting bow. Not neccesarily the best on the market but definitly something I could consider an updrade. Right now I have about a 10 year old pse lightning flight. Heavy and noisy. Bows I have been looking at are pse, hoyt, matthews, parker. What would you guys recommend. How do I find the bow for me?

I bought a BowTech last year and love it. Be sure that you find a archery shop that will take care of you. They should let you shoot a couple of different models and see what feels right. They will help you set it up and sight it in.

My best advise to you is.... Don't take anybodys advise!!!.. There is no substitution to just getting out there and shoot as many different bows as possible. Then its just a decision on which feels best in your hand and has a confortable draw cycle. Make sure you shoot a Hoyt, Martin, Mathews, Bowtec, PSE for sure...

I just bought a 04 Hoyt UltraTec.. love it.. most accurate hunting bow I have ever owned. If I were to buy another today, I would deffinatly look at the Martin line of bows. They really feel good in my hands.

GO SHOOT THEM!

Quote:

My best advise to you is.... Don't take anybodys advise!!!.. There is no substitution to just getting out there and shoot as many different bows as possible.

Good advise I agree.

Although I must admit mt Mathews Q2 is probably the most forgiving and fastest bow I have ever used.

My PSE, HOYT, Xi, and others are collecting dust.

Good Luck and have fun on your quest...

jbjr

I would definately check out different brands of bows at various dealers. Some dealers will use a strong hand into persuading you into what "is best." Shoot all different brands of bows in different price ranges, lengths, riser designs, etc... Determine what feels most comfortable for you as your structure will greatly determine what will be most forgiving and accurate for you. Also, remember that each manufacturer has many different bows with different riser designs, lengths, geometries... etc. so don't judge a manufacturer after shooting only one of their bows... this is the fun part and shoot as many as you can. It is also helpful to take notes about each bow after you shoot them, because after you shoot 10-15 you can't remember all the reasons why you liked or disliked a particular model. I chose the company the makes the type of bows I prefer and can shoot competetively on the tournament scene. This will change from person to person.

Best of luck in looking for a new bow.

I bought a Browning Tornado 3 years ago and love it. I know that there are many bows out there that probably are better, but for a mid-range priced bow it has been a lot of fun to shoot. (not that I didn't dream of a Mathews or Bowtech, just didn't want to spend the $'s).

You can't hardly go wrong these days with any bow - if they were junk they wouldn't be in business. Shoot several of them, I think its crucial to pay attention to how the bow grip fits and feels in your hand. Check out the Renegades if they have them at a shop in your area.

Quote:

There are a lot of great bows out there now, I'd suggest shooting a few and see what feels best for you. I shoot a Mathews and have been very happy with it, but everyone has their own personal preferences.

I agree with Dan...... MATHEWS is what I shoot, butDEFINATELY test out bows before you make a purchase! grin.gif

dont buy a bow because someone says its the best. go to a archery shop and whatever feels best for you get that bow. lots of people say mathews well i have a martin doesnt cost near as much and shoots faster and smoother than mathews comparable bows. renegade makes great bows new to the market. just dont let anyone talk u into a bow that doesnt feel like it fits like a glove gl2u

i like my golden eagle. i have shot a mathews. i liked it, but im not ready to upgrade to one. i know quite a few guys who have golden eagles and like em too. of 4 of us, 2 got mathews. shoot as many bows as possible and see what u like!!