• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Gun?

B. Amish

Old Wards 20 ga. pump . It was my Dad's first gun he bought. When I got it there was no blueing left. That puppy held 7 shells grin.gif

1st gun I bought- mossberg youth model 20 ga pump when I was 16.

I first had a daisy pump pellet/bb gun.. Don't remember which model. The first gun I used Deer hunting was a 250-3000 Savage bolt made in 1919. My Dad got it from his Dad. That thing barely has a front sight pin left. I got two deer with it my first year (buck and doe) and got another buck with it my second year. The first gun I owned myself was a Model 70 Winchester 270. That is still the rifle I use hunting deer.

Red Rider BB gun, I think when I was 10. I got a Marlin .22, when I was probably 13, & then traded a calf I owned to buy a new 870 12 gauge when I was probably 15. I hunted one deer season with a really old single shot 12.

1st gun was a bb/pellet Crossman pump. Then I got a single shot 20g Marlin when I was 12. Still have it and wouldn't sell it for the world. Even thought about deer hunting with it, just for old kicks.

Great trend started

I think most of us started out with a BB gun but the first one I bought was a H&R 12 ga. break action, still have that sucker today and it is still one of my favorite ones, when I walk out the door heading for the woods its usually the first one I grab. Last year when we went pheasant hunting the guys gave me a funny look when I took it out of the case, so I put it back and used the 1300 pump I had instead.

my first gun other than a bb gun was a model 500 mossburg 20 ga got it when i was 12. first gun i deer hunted with was a harrington and richardson break open 30-30 it also had a 20 ga barrel for it. it was the same gun my dad learned to hunt with!!!! i bought a very similar first gun for my oldest for his 11 birthday it is a rossi matched pair with a 308 barrel and a 20 ga barrel in a youth model.