• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Timberwolves New Era

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Minnesota sent Robert Covington and Jordan Bell to Houston, Keita Bates-Diop, Shabazz Napier to Denver and Andrew Wiggins plus a top 3 protected 1st round pick to Golden State.

Coming the Wolves way are DeAngelo Russell, Brooklyn’s lottery-protected 1st round pick, along with Evan Turner’s expiring contract, Malik Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez and Jarred Vanderbilt.

I like the trades. I'll give the T-Wolves a B+ here. 

D-Lo seems like a more natural basketball fit with Karl-Anthony Towns, aside from the fact that they appear to be best buds. I like Minnesota’s mini-makeover. Malik Beasley is a useful player, and they have some good spacing between him, Russell, and Towns.

However, if this is finally the team KAT wants, he’s gonna have to start producing some more wins.

I'll give em a few games to settle in and see what they do.

Overall I think the trade is a good one for the wolves.  Its nice to be out from under Wiggins contract and the move could really benefit him.  I have mixed feelings on Russel but he atleast fills a position of need for the wolves and is a bit cheaper than Wiggins.  Ideally I'd have liked to keep as many picks as possible but giving up the first rounder they did hopefully won't be too bad.  They do keep this years pick which looks like it will be a lottery pick and its top 3 protected for next year so worst case is we give up the 4th overall next year.  Hopefully by next year KAT and Russel and whatever other pieces they can put together will have the team back in the playoff race so it won't end up being a real high pick.  

Once Golden State gets healthy they could be a scary team again.  They'll have Curry, Klay, Draymond, and Wiggins (who i think will thrive in this situation), and likely the first overall pick.  Watch out western conference. 

What a whirlwind of moves!  I like the change as they sure needed them!  Russell has at least proven in his career that he can play to an all star level and wigs never made it to that point.  I hope he can play with more passion than we watched with Wiggins but time will tell.  I am excited to see what Beasley will do with this opportunity.  To me he is the most intriguing piece to the moves we made.

42 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

Are the Timberwolves the Cleveland Browns of the NBA?

LOL...well yeah...probably worse. :D 

Interested to see what Rosas gets going here. That was impressive the way he pulled all of these moving parts together to pull off these trades and get what he wanted at a reasonable cost.

Holy Cow. 142-115 Wolves over the 3rd place clippers and D-Lo didn't even play.

Wow.

They even played some defense.

26 threes by the Twolves!!!

Wolves are a funny team sometimes. They’ve literally been the worst 3 point shooting team for the past few seasons. But they hold the record for most made this season. And it was either last year against Lakers, or year before against Cleveland (I just remember LeBron was in the game), that both teams combined for all time 3 pointers made. 

I think there’s a jolt of energy with the remaining team. I think they’re all glad Wiggins is gone. I just hope any extra winning this team may do, doesn’t hinder the front office from firing Saunders.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:32 AM, ozzie said:

I just hope any extra winning this team does doesn't push us into the 6-12 picks and we can stay in the top 5 for the draft!

With KAT out...you may get your wish.

14 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

I highly doubt Golden State would take the Ball kid. A shooting guard is the last thing they need. They need a big man to deal with Anthony Davis for the next few years.

I didn't think it made much sense either but Ball to the Warriors was some of the latest draft speculation I had seen.  Obviously its WAY too early for serious speculation I just know I don't want the Ball kid on the Wolves roster considering the baggage that comes with him. 

about time they cut their losses with Saunders.  Just seemed in over his head from the start.  It sounds like Finch is highly regarded but interesting that they did not go with Vanderpool being he is on the staff currently and is highly respected as an assistant coach.  Oh well a new Twolves era but I am sure the results will be all too familiar!