• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nicknames For Your Hunting Land Or Cabin.

We used to hunt some land that my wife's great uncle owned for many decades. In the 80's some jacka$$ kids broke in to the cabin, opened the propane tank cylinder and lit a candle on the table and bugged out on their 3 wheeler and the cabin blew to smithereens. He was a block layer by trade and logging was going on at the time so access was good so he built a new cabin out of cement blocks and a steel roof. It had a steel door and bars on the windows so it was called "the bunker".

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

We used to hunt some land that my wife's great uncle owned for many decades. In the 80's some jacka$$ kids broke in to the cabin, opened the propane tank cylinder and lit a candle on the table and bugged out on their 3 wheeler and the cabin blew to smithereens. He was a block layer by trade and logging was going on at the time so access was good so he built a new cabin out of cement blocks and a steel roof. It had a steel door and bars on the windows so it was called "the bunker".

Is that the brick "bunker" cabin off hwy6 between Outing and Remer? 

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

No, this bunker is not off any highway or even a road. It is east of Remer near Birch Lake.

Have you ever driven south of Birch on the back side of Big Rice lake? There is some farm that actually has an old Fire watch tower they use as a deer stand. They have some big fields to cover but I sure would hate climbing up that thing or trying to get down in a snow storm! When the wind is blowing they must freeze their nuts off!  ?

On 11/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, leech~~ said:

Have you ever driven south of Birch on the back side of Big Rice lake? There is some farm that actually has an old Fire watch tower they use as a deer stand. They have some big fields to cover but I sure would hate climbing up that thing or trying to get down in a snow storm! When the wind is blowing they must freeze their nuts off!  ?

No, I never have gone down that road.