• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need A Polaris Fusion 600ho Primary Clutch.

CigarGuy

A few years ago when I needed a few replacement parts I found them thru a place called Ske's snowmobile parts in Hermantown, just outta Duluth.  No idea if they'd have what he needs but worth an email.  Just google it.

Not sure if Man's is still in business? I've gone there a few years ago.

Mans Snowmobile Parts

It may be under Hinckley Motor Sports now.

23439 Cross Park Rd, Hinckley, Minnesota 55037
(320) 384-6736

Edited by leech~~

do you need a primary or secondary clutch? whats wrong with the clutch? maybe  it just need a spring, weights, button or do you need entire assembly?

go to this site:  Polaris Industries Microfiche

primary clutch is part no 1321928

secondary clutch is part no 1322368

once you get the part #, you can also cross reference other models or years on that polaris site that may also share that same part, since its a clutch I bet there are several. 

then get on hsolist or google for that part no and see if you can find it. you can also try sport wheels in jordan perhaps they have one in stock?

do you have a clutch puller etc to get the old one off? if its secondary your going to need to get something to wind the spring etc. if you need to re-assemble

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

I think Sports wheels only sells used motorcycles and parts. At least the last 3 or 4 times I have been there.

They specialize in Motorcycle stuff but unless something has changed, I have been buying snowmobile, ATV and even 3 wheeler parts there since I was a kid so it's worth a phone call at least. If nothing else, they may know of someplace else to try.

The other place I would try is All Powersports in Victoria.

3 hours ago, CigarGuy said:

I talked to them earlier today, they we're going to check and get back to me. All Power Sports.

Give that Hinckley Motor Sports above a call too. They are on the way up 35W to Cook and have been in the biz for many years.

if its the entire primary clutch assembly shouldn't have to do anything and its should already be balanced. Just make sure it has the same color spring, and weights. If the spring or weights are different, it will just make it shift out differently. Otherwise if buttons and weights are in good shape it should just slide back on. 

if you have any issues getting the old one off, shoot a little grease into the bolt hole and then put the puller in. the pneumatic pressure from the grease will help it pop off. if the clutch hasnt been removed in a while they can sometime be difficult to get off even with a puller.

37 minutes ago, CigarGuy said:

Clutch is in and works great.... happy son?. Thanks everyone for your help! Our sledding/fishing wknd is back on for next weekend with my son and son-in-law.

I hope it warms up a little for you.

So my son took it out for a 5 mile test today. They pulled over and the sled quit running. Opened the hood to  check things out and noticed the side of the primary clutch by the engine had some metal shavings.  The pull cord won't pull, they had to tow back. The clutch will spin by hand, but a lot of resistance. Any ideas where to start? Pulling in the garage now to take the clutch off to see what's going on.

That doesn't make any sense that there was no clearance between the clutch and motor housing. Either a spacer was missed or it may have been the wrong clutch?  

I forwarded the pictures to my cuz who has done a lot of Polaris repairs and helped me rebuild a clutch.  We'll see if he answers back tonight?  

Edited by leech~~

24 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

That doesn't make any sense that there was no clearance between the clutch and motor housing. Either a spacer was missed or it may have been the wrong clutch?  

I forwarded the pictures to my cuz who has done a lot of Polaris repairs and helped me rebuild a clutch.  We'll see if he answers back tonight?  

Thank you.