• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need A Polaris Fusion 600ho Primary Clutch.

CigarGuy

Not on backwards. I think they gave him the wrong clutch. But, what do I know about snowmobiles ?. He wanted to see if it would start, won't do that again. Bill, at the sled shop in Cook is going to take care of us for just about what the clutch cost. Can't get to it till Sunday. Son is going to have to take the girlie sled(wife's) out tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, CigarGuy said:

Not on backwards. I think they gave him the wrong clutch. But, what do I know about snowmobiles ?. He wanted to see if it would start, won't do that again. Bill, at the sled shop in Cook is going to take care of us for just about what the clutch cost. Can't get to it till Sunday. Son is going to have to take the girlie sled(wife's) out tomorrow. 

Please let us know what he finds out was the issue?  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, fishingstar said:

a quick google shows crank problems with that motor. My guess that is why it turns over hard.  

Well my cousins reply was about the same thing about a bad crank and that may be why the Org clutch went down?.  If so not sure it may be worth the cost of a total rebuild. ?

Reply:

"The fusions and dragons had bad cranks. To me from the pictures it looks like the crank came apart"

Edited by leech~~

The shavings are from the back of clutch binding against the motor- wearing it down. If we had it running how could it be a bad crank? Don't know much about this kind of stuff, but would it still run if the crank was bad?

My sledhead SIL figures you DID get the wrong clutch.  There should be numbers on the clutches.  Do the old and new clutch numbers match?

Your replacement clutch should be about an inch away from the block when installed.  He figures you could take the backing plate off the old clutch and reuse that.

Just tossing out a couple ideas.  I haven’t worked on many sled motors myself.  Plenty of autos but that’s not the same...

By the way, according to him, Fusion 600’s weren’t noted as having bad cranks as much as the bigger blocks.  Dragon 900’s were bad too. 

Edited by Wanderer

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

My sledhead SIL figures you DID get the wrong clutch.  There should be numbers on the clutches.  Do the old and new clutch numbers match?

Your replacement clutch should be about an inch away from the block when installed.  He figures you could take the backing plate off the old clutch and reuse that.

Just tossing out a couple ideas.  I haven’t worked on many sled motors myself.  Plenty of autos but that’s not the same...

By the way, according to him, Fusion 600’s weren’t noted as having bad cranks as much as the bigger blocks.  Dragon 900’s were bad too. 

The numbers didn't match, but the guy said it will work. A different person helped him first and gave him a clutch, the main guy came in and noticed it was wrong and grabbed one and that he said will work. Thanks!