• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clean meat

1 hour ago, roony said:

Or they just don't care, that one might be more applicable. 

What kind of vehicle do you drive and how many miles per year?   How many kwHr per month do you consume?  How many square feet is your house?  Do you travel for vacations?   How far?  

Since you asked, between the two of us we drive less than 20k annually mostly for work. Keep our thermostat turned as low as it goes in the winter about 56 degrees, we use a small pellet stove in our tv room in the evening and it doesn't take much energy to wear a sweater. We run the air rarely. Usually one trip up to northern MN annually. Yes, we try to consider the future for our children, how about you? How many miles a year, temp of your dwelling in the winter?

Edited by roony

9 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Water is free? Hardly. 

Nothing is free.

But your water analogy is similar to my chicken nugget analogy. Times change and someday we (or at least our kids) will be eating lab grown meat and a few generations from now, people will wonder how we ever got along doing it "the old fashioned way".

Show me a picture of a drinking fountain from back then that had a coin slot.?

2 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

Or you live in Flint Michigan.

I'm in Lansing Michigan right now. Not sure but it seems the water is ok here. 

6 hours ago, roony said:

Since you asked, between the two of us we drive less than 20k annually mostly for work. Keep our thermostat turned as low as it goes in the winter about 56 degrees, we use a small pellet stove in our tv room in the evening and it doesn't take much energy to wear a sweater. We run the air rarely. Usually one trip up to northern MN annually. Yes, we try to consider the future for our children, how about you? How many miles a year, temp of your dwelling in the winter?

We maybe drive 15k between the two of us.  We do keep the house warmer thanks to fracking but we don't have any auxiliary stoves.    Looks like you are doing your part.

6 hours ago, roony said:

Yes, we try to consider the future for our children, how about you? 

I try to consider the future of our children by not voting for Democrats or similar politicians who will keep raising taxes and adding national debt. How about you?

34 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I try to consider the future of our children by not voting for Democrats or similar politicians who will keep raising taxes and adding national debt. How about you?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

OK--?

6 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Is that better than adding to the debt while lowering taxes? 

Man, think of all the pug barns in Minnesota we would lose if this takes off.

Actually, pig barns are the single biggest consumer of water in rural areas.

The growers hope this never comes to the surface but every time it quits raining (no problem currently lol) and cities tell their residents to stop watering their grass, nobody talks about the vast amount of water used in the pig barns,ethanol plants and crop irrigation. 

I would rather get my steaks on the hoof so to speak.

11 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Kind of off topic but which politicians don't raise our debt? And, unless you are among the top of the top in income you really aren't seeing a substantial tax cut. Just more smoke and mirrors. 

2 minutes ago, roony said:

Maybe, We have some of that disease in the family. I'm of the opinion that if you are diabetic the kind of beer you should drink is NO BEER. 

That's YOUR opinion. 

Just remember, everything is fine, in moderation.

Article on WSJ.com today about a European clean meat startup getting nearly $9 million in funding from Merck. With big pharma in the game, is there really any doubt it will be on store shelves soon? The cattle and pork industry better come up with a "pink slime" type of name for this, or they can kiss their herds goodbye. Franken Meat?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/startup-producing-cell-grown-meat-raises-new-funding-1531738800?mod=hp_lista_pos4