• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

I didn’t take any pics to share but since modifications have been discussed:

We’ve transitioned away from always frying fish to convection oven baking or basically air frying.  Shore Lunch Oven Style got us started but with the light coating of oil on the pan or tin foil it was surprising (and frustrating) how much it stuck.  Tried both the milk and egg wash, didn’t matter on the sticking.  Also they would stay a little wet on one side if you didn’t flip them 3/4 way through cooking.

Last night I skipped the foil and cooking spray and just put the breaded perch fillets directly on the non-stick baking sheet.  It worked MUCH better.  Almost no sticking and almost no soggy spots.

The other part was we mixed the Shore Lunch Oven Style with seasoned panko to stretch it a little further.  It was better.  Then finished with just seasoned panko and Parmesan cheese.  Now we have a winner!

Best in our opinion:

Egg wash instead of milk

400 degree convection oven

20 minutes 

Seasoned panko/parm, mixed to taste

Lemon squeeze and/or tarter if desired.

mt brother fried up some walleyes in a pan using just PAM spray. i was totally surprised how well they turned out. i havent moved up to that yet. not sure i will. if i want a it of a change i bake fish of more often then not grill it. still hard core dipping in hot oil. 

as far as seasonings.....if tried all kinds, but i tried Panko once!!!!!! i threw the rest of it out.......couldnt stand it. its not allowed in the house anymore..... not sure if i had a bad batch..........but i absolutely didnt like the flavor!!!!!!😒

16 minutes ago, smurfy said:

mt brother fried up some walleyes in a pan using just PAM spray. i was totally surprised how well they turned out. i havent moved up to that yet. not sure i will. if i want a it of a change i bake fish of more often then not grill it. still hard core dipping in hot oil. 

as far as seasonings.....if tried all kinds, but i tried Panko once!!!!!! i threw the rest of it out.......couldnt stand it. its not allowed in the house anymore..... not sure if i had a bad batch..........but i absolutely didnt like the flavor!!!!!!😒

Straight panko is gross.  Get seasoned panko or mix straight panko with whatever else you like for seasoning.  Panko is mainly for adding texture and crunch.

21 hours ago, smurfy said:

i honestly dont think i could ever try Panko again!!!!!!🙄

Yep, have had it at a restaurant on seafood that was seasoned.  Tried it at home out of the box, waste of good fish.  It needs seasoning or it's just tasteless breading.  :huh:

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

Didn't think I could get this all done running back and forth from the outside grill and to the over in a snowstorm, so got it done tonight. Little Surf and Turf for my sweety! 😍

20240215_174902.jpg

20240215_182745.jpg

Not bad for day olds. 😉 

Haha, just ribbin’ ya a bit!  Seriously though, nice effort!  Looks great!

I did walleye…. Again……. Chuckle……