• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild vs Blues

fishersofmen

Great all around game tonight. Wild were clearly the better team, and the X was rocking all night.

Wednesdays game is huge we win that one the series should be ours in 5.

Ott is a punk, but I think him being "dirty" is getting overblown. He put a good hit on Scandella and then gave him the business, which he did get called for, and then him and Spurgeon just got tangled up. He's out there to start stuff, and he's been doing his job. Now if he was scratching at Spurgeons face and eyes like Dubnyk said that's a whole other story.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stuff with Ott is not overblown IMO. If it was during the middle of the second period when the Blues had even a chance to win, then fine, playoff hockey is physical. But at the end of games when they have no chance and those guys are ONLY out there for instigating and roughing guys up, then it is garbage and is not hockey. That is 2 of 3 games now that the Blues have been sore losers. If Ott gets some extra punishment from the league, then the head coach should get some punishment as well. He needs to control his players.

There apparently is something in the NHL rulebook about getting multiple 10 minute misconducts in a series that leads to a suspension. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him out of the lineup, but he isn't adding any positives to his team so just leave him out there. I agree its bush league of Hitchcock to put him out there at the end of the game when its been decided. No reason for that. Calgary's coach got a huge fine and suspension for that last year.

Very convincing win and the Wild are playing surprisingly physical. I believe they still hold the edge in hits in this series. As long as that doesn't take them away from playing "their" game I am fine with it.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/300749891.html#HfMsJQBKMcFHBIKA.01

Ott is a clown with no skill and is doing what he needs to do to stay in the line up. Just look at his missed break away last night. Wasn't he a throw in on a trade from Buffalo? His days in the NHL are over after this series.. I just wish Stewart would grab a hold of him and pound him. If Backus can throw shots at Coyle, no reason why Stewart can't throw some at Ott.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/300749891.html#HfMsJQBKMcFHBIKA.01

Ott is a clown with no skill and is doing what he needs to do to stay in the line up. Just look at his missed break away last night. Wasn't he a throw in on a trade from Buffalo? His days in the NHL are over after this series.. I just wish Stewart would grab a hold of him and pound him. If Backus can throw shots at Coyle, no reason why Stewart can't throw some at Ott.

I've been thinking the same thing, even though some of our players say that's not our game,stewie needs to not only answer Otts bell but ring it too.

If the NHL is serious about abolishing fighting, Ott will be suspended for the rest of the series. Bet they embarrass themselves and do nothing.

Yep. I don't care for the fighting myself but I can handle it when a couple of the big boys decide they want to throw down. Its this garbage where you have someone jumping on the back of one of the smaller guys on a team and pounding on him that should have no place in the game. The NHL better figure it out sooner than later. Most people want to see skilled hockey not the WWE.

Bring in Bickell for ONE shift and throw him out there when Ott is on the ice. Bickell would clean his clock and then I think the message would be sent.

Ha! That'd be great. I'd love to see Ott on the wrong end of some blows by Bickel, just like Pedan earlier this year...

How about Hitch's answer to the question: What do you need vs the Wild? His response... "Messier, Gretzky, I'll take an Anderson, Kurri's fine."

Not sure if he's trying to get us over-confident or already has the towel in his suit coat pocket? Blues under Hitch certainly have not been getting it done in the playoffs last few years. Supposed to be big, tough team and we have been more physical than they have....strange...and where has Oshie been...almost non-existent IMO.

My guess is they come out really super physical tomorrow night with the attitude...you guys wanna play rough then let's get it on...hopefully Wild can handle it...or maybe turn the other cheek and turn it into a track meet which IMO they can't keep up speed wise. laugh

Quote:
I like Stewarts approach which is basicly, im going to hit Ott in the head someday its just not going to be in this series...lol

Unfortunately it will never happen and they all know it. Ott never fights enforcers or even middle weight fighters for that matter. In the last 5 years he has fought 2 wild players, Kyle Brodziak and Darroll Powe. Remember when he and Clutterbuck were going back and forth when he was in Dallas? It was a joke back then and he's still a joke. Ott has had one good season where he scored 22 goals and other than that is has been a none contributor. And I love how the Strib is absolutely tearing Ott apart every day. Players like Stewart are what we need. Players like Ott should be out of the league.

Well, if each team won home ice we would be in the exact same spot. Now we have to win 2 of 3 which we have proven can be done and frankly I have been more confident in their play on the road the last month.

That was a total stinker. The Blues got away from their gooning it up last night and actually skated. The Hitchcock psyche got his players to play. They ended the streak of 9 playoff road losses so this is going to be a real battle to the end. The sleeping giant has awoken.

If we would have won last night the Blues would have folded. Now, I hate to say it but I am very nervous.

Epic beat down there, the good news is I bet some of us skipped the 3rd and got a little extra sleep last night. It's been a weird series, I expect more surprises before we are done. I've kind of been waiting for one of those epic OT playoff games, maybe we finally get to see one after bad showings by both teams.

It was the MN way last night. They had their chance to put the boot on the throat and they laid an egg. Absolutely disgusting. Back on the road with their backs against the wall so they should play much better now lol.

I now think this series will go 7 games. Blues win again tomor wild win game 6 at home and who knows in game 7.

Too bad they finally decided to use some skill instead of all the chase and hit garbage.

Well I have no idea what to expect tonight, I will say it is a little concerning that Allen has been clearly better than Dubs up to this point. The good news is we are 2-2 and going into this series I think we take that against the Blues. Time to put the road shoes back on and get back to work.

I see Dubs bouncing back huge for us tonight. He is as mentally tough as any goalie we've had in a Wild uniform, so I see that toughness return tonight.

Wild in 7 with road teams winning here on out.

I hope Dubs pulls it together and gets back to the form he's shown since he got here and not the career underachiever role that made him available to come here. He's been our savior this season but I'm afraid right now after that debacle the other night. I'm afraid they could fold up their tents and be done. That was a bad confidence shredding buttkicking...